Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 06:17 AM   #1
madclicker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well... if you are not familiar with Jaheira's story, I would suggest not to read further on...

I had several interactions with the menestrels up to the point when jaheira goes back to the headquarters and elminster has found a note flying in the wind...

OK so after several days i went back to the headquarters; Jaheirra is on the second floor, I can select her but I'm not able to engage a talk. She seems to be under a charm... so I can't make her join back my party.

ANY ADVICE ?

Old 06-15-2001, 08:01 AM   #2
Bristowe
Elminster

Well, when you go up to the second level, it is usually J. that initiates a conversation, i've never had this bug before though so im not sure what to do...Do you have that auto save when you enter the harpers HQ? I sugestt you reload it and try again.. sorry bout not being able to help much

------------------
Bristowe, Master Assassin
"Everyone dies sooner or later, why not sooner?"
Old 06-15-2001, 09:43 AM   #3
ecko
Dungeon Master

-
-
-
-
-
spoiler
-
-
-
-
-
-
i found her from second stairs where she was with those spectrall harpers
im not sure do u need harper amulet
Old 06-15-2001, 09:32 PM   #4
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

No you shouldn't, I didn't have the amulet (i threw it away a while ago) and there were no spectral harpers there before. I don't know what glitch you have ran into.

SPOILER
/
/
/
/
/

I started the quest by going to the Stronghold where the harpers there wanted to imprison my main character, then we fought and killed them when they attacked.
Later on, Jaheira was visited a couple times by another harper who wants to find out why she helped kill the harpers in the hall. i believe reputation has something to do with these outcomes.

Later on in the game, Jaheira will leave your party unannounced, and a messenger (grin) will give you a note from Jaheira saying she left to face her judgement.
If you head to the Harper hall, you will fight 3 guys who are on guard on the entrance floor. Heading upstairs, you will meet Jaheira in the library where she says she is mad at you, but is glad you came back for her. Then she can join up again with you, you head downstairs, and meet a stronger group of mercenaries who you fight.

From what you said, she left your party, you went to the hall, and didn't find anyone but her there? Maybe you waited too long after receiving the note, Im not sure, I didn't hit any snags with this quest yet.
Old 06-18-2001, 08:23 AM   #5
madclicker
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank's anyway, I do not have the savegame since I tried to go out to find the harper's amulet !!

And it definitely does not work so... Don't know what to do !

Is there a way to pick her back in the party ? I mean a shadowkeeper style of way ?