Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-23-2000, 07:55 PM   #1
DragonLady

Is it a bad thing to kill the sphinx ???

I didn't know the anwser to what he was asking so i had to kill him, He attacked me.
I saved just before so i will most likly do it over, but just wanted to know cuz i got awsome exp points of course, i killed him with my one Paladin who uses the Mavin Sword the one here in my picture, all others were under magic spells most of the time sure took forever.............
hehe

Thanks for any help on this matter.

Old 11-24-2000, 06:06 AM   #2
thorlord

Im at the same spot as you are on this. I just let him live, ill come back later and deal with him. Im thinking that maybe the answers to what he is asking is in some scroll or book or something in another part of the map...maybe in that skull castle im in right now.
If i find out anything ill let ya know.

Old 11-24-2000, 06:10 AM   #3
Astyanax12

There are no scrolls or books or anything with the answers in.

===SPOILER===

The first answer is logical - usually Ice, Shadow or Death will work

The holy defender is Anephas and the holy protector is Kerah, you should have picked that up from previous conversations.

Old 11-24-2000, 01:02 PM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Astyanax

"Shadow" or "Death" will work when the answer is "ice"???!!!??

Well, that's interesting enough that I will have to try it when I get to the sphynx in game 2.
I will keep in mind, though, that you figured out how to use the red hot poker on the prisoner (and enjoyed it)!

Wyv
Old 11-25-2000, 01:22 AM   #5
Ze_sponge

Guys..just READ what NPCs say to you..mainly Kerah. They tell you who the holy protector and defender is a number of times =\ The first one makes sense if you think about it a bit..I was pretty sure what it was by the 2nd clue and sure by the 3rd...

Old 11-25-2000, 04:01 AM   #6
Astyanax12

Yup Wyvern, the first answer can be Ice, Shadow or Death - I picked these up from reading other posts. The first question is a riddle and is capable of many meanings. I think this is why the different answers work but it may be (as some have suggested) that the riddle is randomly generated and different for each game. If anyone is approaching this stage of the game they may like to check and let us know. (I'm in my second game and still ploughing through Shurugeon Castle so it will take me a while to get there).

Old 11-25-2000, 09:26 PM   #7
DragonLady

Thank you all
like i said i saved just before, so i will not kill the sphinx...