Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-03-2001, 07:03 PM   #1
vesselle
Hathor

waaaaaaaaahhhh!!!
my cleric cleaned her purse a little while ago and... and.... and... i just got killed by a buncha icky slinky things outside yxuonomei's bedroom ::rolls her eyes:: or whatever...her lair. n'velia musta tossed out the ressurect scrolls that cost us our entire paycheck and now she can't find them anywhere.
meanwhile, my ghostself is standing here, tapping my foot and starting to get pissed off at my teammates.
darnit. i don't know how many times i have told the other girls, "wait to clean out your purses. when we get back to town you can get money for that crap." but noooo.... they haveta do it before a big fight just so they feel good going in.

so here's the thing, those scrolls are gone, aren't they? the maids have already cleaned the slimy thingies' caves out, huh? we aren't ever going to find them anywhere and we are totally broke.
so i am like... really screwed by my EX-girlfriends, right?

V***V

bleah. i KNEW i shoulda brought guys along. they never throw away anything.

vesselle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 07:09 PM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Eeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrmmmmmm! There's always the last saved game, you know! From BEFORE she cleaned out her purse. And why would the silly girl chuck out resurrection scrolls?
Um. She didn't by any chance put 'em in her scroll case? Have you picked up her dropped gear from the floor? Or is it out there somewhere with icky things standing on it?
All I could think of!

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 07:39 PM   #3
vesselle
Hathor

well actually, she was stuffing her scroll case full of stuff she wanted to keep. and dumping stuff she was never gonna use...for whatever reason.
the rest of us were pawing thru dead bodies **ick** for loot and all.... so lots of stuff was changing hands and all.
then we decided to go for a lie down before facing little miss yxie.
when we got back to that level, the maids had cleaned out everything. or maybe they use slug-like things to eat anything that falls on the floor. either way, it was pretty nice and tidy.
and our teams are strict. we don't do reloads. we don't like knowing whats gonna happen or how an area is laid out. we love surprises.
anyway, danged if they didn't need me one bit. maybe that means i can sit back now and watch cartoons, while they finish up ::winks and smiles::

V***V
Old 06-03-2001, 07:59 PM   #4
Gaelic
Elminster

Can you have someone else grab your gear? Then everyone hikes back to the temple in town and buys a ressurection or raise dead as applicable.

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 07:16 AM   #5
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Or you could download Dale Keeper and give the scrolls back to yourself. It isn't cheating if you bought and paid for them is it?

http://www.tgeweb.com/ironworks/icewind/cheats.shtml

------------------
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 07:20 AM   #6
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Wulfere!!!! Stop trying to corrupt new members, lol!

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 12:56 PM   #7
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
Can you have someone else grab your gear? Then everyone hikes back to the temple in town and buys a ressurection or raise dead as applicable.

its not the gear, its just that n'velia is kinda...ummm... spacey? *lol* there was only myself and her left alive. she's a cleric, and the only thing she hasta worry about is healing and raising the dead. *sigh*
we couldn't pack the stuff outta there, as it takes like, what, 3 days back to kuldahar?

we worked it out eventually, tho. we stashed everybody's stuff in all those nice little chests in the room just before Yxie goes postal on us. unfortunately, all those resurrection scrolls disintegrated upon hitting the floor.

terrible terrible fight with space-case and myself. but we did it. 2 of us against a legion of snake guys *lol* (yxie HATES it when i call them that)
n'velia died as we were fighting off the last snake guy...so i took her stuff and stashed it too.

AND we added another twist to our playstyle.
we decided no more rezzing. instead, we make a new char, who is nothing like the last char. it's way fun! so now, like, n'velia is snaggletooth the dwarven hammer-swinger who only grunts (her charisma is like 6, cuz she had all this great equipment whose bonus was minus points to charisma). the funny thing is, we can understand her grunts. omg! that voiceset was done wonderful. whoever did it at bis was a genius!!!

V***V

"i love you. buh-bye."
Old 06-04-2001, 03:36 PM   #8
Gaelic
Elminster

That will make the game a heck of a challenge, too. We'll be interested to hear how it goes. Can the new party member join you in the middle of a dungeon or do you have to go back to town to meet someone in the bar?

------------------
Gaelic
Gaelic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 07:44 PM   #9
Wulfere
Red Wizard of Thay

Origionally Posted by Fljotsdale...
Quote:
Wulfere!!!! Stop trying to corrupt new members, lol!
Yes Ma'am...I promise to play nice.

------------------
Wulfere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 08:09 PM   #10
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Gaelic:
That will make the game a heck of a challenge, too. We'll be interested to hear how it goes. Can the new party member join you in the middle of a dungeon or do you have to go back to town to meet someone in the bar?
it is a challenge, but its way fun. so far, i think 4 are on their 2nd persona. and they join wherever we happen to be at the time. most of the time, it's like...right in the thick of stuff in the nastiest places.
its weird on dynamics.
cause now no one wants to die. maybe it will make us all more careful, too.

all because that ninny, n'valia, lost her scrolls. *lol*

V***V
*sighs* still in severed hand!