Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-25-2001, 08:51 PM   #1
Killing Spree
Mephistopheles

(ooc: Kaz, try clam chowder. Or if that's even too chewy try mashed potatoes. Maybe popsicles? Tomato soup? Just trying to help! I regret to inform you all that Midget will be unable to play this weekend. Therefore, I will start the sub-plot as Maverick, and Midget can come in at his leisure. Watch out, this is gonna be a LONG post... Green is Chani, silver is Maverick.)

~Twas dark in the damp caverns the feet of Chani Ravenwood traced. Distraught was the face of the odd-blooded woman. The lines along her shadowed cheek contorted to a look of agony, her jaw clenched tightly concentrating. One foot. Then the other. One foot. Then the other. Unnaturally long fingertips sat at her side, nervously fidgeting with girdle and scabbard alike. Her steel-set eyes looked warily about as the limbs encased in leather boots refused to carry her further. A flickering torch hung on the wall of the cave, ironically far from the civilization which she had come. Sitting along-side a stagnate pond she peers at her tear-stained reflection. Hands fold in prayer to distract herself from previous heart-ache.~ "Mielikki, forgive my ignorance." ~Words are mouthed silently, being more than routine this night. An aching spine leans against the stone wall, whispering to herself, trying to straighten things out. A hand reaches to piece a loose strand of hair behind her tapered ears.~ "I should not have run from Larry and Mistral without exclamation. They flaunt their happiness rightly. 'Tis my own selfishness and ignorance." ~Her fore-head meets her knees, drawn to her chest.~ "Why was I a fool again? Can my incompetent soul not learn from its past mistakes?" ~Her words flowed like a jovial bard-song, though the words were cryptic and stung the suddenly taciturn air. She crawls a few hobbling steps, to the pond, trying to splash her face to somewhat presentable. Her nose wrinkles, wiping her face with a silken ebony tunic.~

~A silent stalker hounds the darkness, looking at the back of an intrusion upon his camp.~ "Must be a drow... Who else would wander this hellish plane." ~The man was pure wood-elven, standing at the crossroads of the dark. His skin was a deep bark-like brown, with hair to match a healthy dogwood. His eyes were a unique black, midnight without a star to hold a candle. These same midnight eyes gracing the pointed ears only helped confirm his false suspision. Across his entire face was a thin green line, like that of a tree which had been cut open. T'would be a scar, though ignorance would contribute any view-point it wished. A well-made dagger was pulled from a loose-hanging vest adorning his torso, as well as a meer drop of fatal poison. Bare steel slid between his teeth, a sea-elven arrow was shot at the flickering torch upon the northern wall. Darkness consumed the area.~

~The impending shadow would not have scared the girl had it not been so abrupt. The stalker strains her eyes for infravision, a faint crimson stain in her vision where the torch had once been. The frigid cavern gave off no other sign of heat. At least it didn't, until the dagger was held to her throat.~

~A satisfied grimace crossed the face of the assassin, holding the blade to the neck of the intrusion. An inquisitave, yet near inaudible voice found her ear.~ "My... What have I stumbled upon pray tell?" ~The flat of the blade poises a threat closer to flesh.~

~She inhales sharply, her eyes trying to look back at her shadowed captor. A shaky version of her normally confident voice escapes.~ "R... R... Ravenwood..."

~A dis-believing look crosses his invisable face as he pulls the dagger back, and with a swift motion re-lights the torch. He stands tall in the now bright light, pointing a gauntlet to the woman.~ "Face me Ravenwood."

~Fear had taken her tear-stained skin to a surprised pale. She gets to her feet, holding her hands in the air, her sleeve rolling down to reveal the red scythe on her wrist. This dissapears from its momentary veiw as she turns around to face the wood-elf. Her lower lip quivers involuntarily and she bites it to cease. Her eyes look in a terrified manner at the theif, lowering her hands and creasing her brow. Her lips move as if to speak, but no sound escapes.~

~The elf strides forward, forcefully taking her left wrist in his hand, he pulls back her sleeve, looking at the red scythe in dis-belief. His body shakes in-voluntarily in a comforting medolic laughter. His lowers his lips to kiss the scythe, then raises his head to eye level with her, a wry look on his face.~ "Might I ask what you are doing here dear one?" ~He laughs at her confused eye.~ "Don't you remember me Chani?"

~Her eyes widen as his ebony ones had.~ "M... Maverick?!" ~She throws her arms around his neck, a broad smile crossing her coloring face. She takes a step back, her eyes dancing, not knowing what to ask first.~ "I haven't seen you since you were bow high!" ~An inexplicable look crosses her face, one of dis-belief and joy.~

~A rare grin grows along his face. He puts his hand on her battered shoulder, a look of genuine loving concern in his eyes.~ "In time dear one. In time." ~He eyes the fresh and open wounds across her face and neck. And with grim determination continues, pointing to a well-concealed camp in a high outcrop behind her.~ "You rest. We can talk later."

~A defiant look enters her eye.~ "I'm a big girl now Maverick..." ~She pauses and gives him a smile.~ "Besides, these are mere scratches. I will be all right. I should really find my comrades."

~He gives her a well-natured glare, and hoists her over his shoulder with developed muscles. He grins as she shrieks in protest and he tosses her into the alcove. He gives her a stern glare.~ "Tommorow." ~He nods his head in approval as she consents, curling up beneath the blue blanket.~ "Atta gal." ~He nods his head to her a last time before walking back along the cavern he came, likely scouting for ways out.~
Old 10-25-2001, 10:01 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...Hey Spree!
Do you want us to stop the thread we have at the moment, and enter this one? It is at 120, while I write this.
Or do you like having the separation for the time we spend near the temple grounds waiting for Mistral?
Any plan of action we are to take? e-mail me on it...if you wish.
Old 10-26-2001, 03:38 AM   #3
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

BUMP
So, where shall I post my reply to Larry's post? In this thread or in the last one?

And thanks for the advice, Killing Spree went to the dentist's today and got an antibioticum, the wound may be infected... hope I can eat something today
I'm not sure about the mashed potatoes, they may get caught in the wound. And we don't have clam chowder here, as far as I know. Tomato soup is an idea, though... as long as it's very liquid.

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-26-2001).]
Old 10-26-2001, 09:01 AM   #4
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(OOC: No reply from Spree yet, so I'm continuing on this thread. Pls let me know if I should shift it to the previous thread...)

~ She steps out of the temple, casting quick glances around her surroundings. It is noon, and the city is swarming with activity. Her eyes are downcast, yet her jaws are firmly set. Characteristically, her hands grip the hilts of her Celestial Fury and Daystar. Turning to Aerynkoryk, she whispers ~ "Go to Kaz, my friend." ~ The raven takes off into the sky, in search of his mistress. ~

~ Making her way to the adventurer's mart located in the centre of the city, she enters and addresses the storekeeper bluntly ~ "Give me 3 potions of extra healing, 2 each of cure poison and cure disease, a lantern, some rope, tinder and a dye; any colour will do." ~ She pays the 1,800 gp incurred, packs the newly acquired items in her bag and leaves the store. ~

~ As she walks back towards the main street, her sharp eyes take in every corner and bend within her range of sight. Finally, her eyes stray to the bridge and she spots familiar faces. Larry gallantly kissing Kaz's hand, Kaz giggling bashfully, Isabeau observing them and Aerynkoryk fluttering nearby. A strange smile creeps into her lips; relief, envy and sadness mingle and she feels the curious eyes of onlookers perceiving her expression. She hesitates in her steps, wondering if they have seen her or whether she should continue on her journey undetected. ~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-26-2001).]
Old 10-26-2001, 09:18 AM   #5
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...Good morning everyone!
I will have to wait for another 2 hours to be able to post my side of the story. Fridays are more busy in the mornings than other days.
Give me a couple hours...and Mistral...Glad to have you back!
ps...don't you even get jealous! I am having a hard time as it is!!
Old 10-26-2001, 09:33 AM   #6
mistral4543

(OOC: Thanks for the welcome, Larry Our 2-day staff retreat ended about 4 hours ago and I'm a little drained. Will try to get some rest while you're composing your reply. About jealousy... *evil * ...

Btw, I managed to get some new ideas during my limited leisure time during the retreat. I'll see how your replies go and adapt accordingly.)
Old 10-26-2001, 11:08 AM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...you scare me...

Isabeau gets a feeling of her master nearby, and begins to fly in that direction, squawking merrily. Larry and Kaz turn to see what was going on, and see Mistral standing off in the distance.

Not hesitating, Larry begins to sprint after the bird, with Kaz trailing behind. Catching up to her, Larry begins to reach in his pocket for the poison protection ring he had bought her, and exclaim...

"Hi! Ar you ok? You look like you got good rest...do you want anything for breakfast? I know its lunchtime, but I could get you whatever you wanted...here, I have something for you..."

And so on did Larry continue, getting in about 1,000 words per miunte, amazingly enough, not even taking breaths as he rambles...One would think he had placed his boots of speed on his tongue.

Finally, Kaz catches up to the couple.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-26-2001).]
Old 10-26-2001, 11:38 AM   #8
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

OOC...Something is wrong wih this thread...I posted at 11:00, and it was the seventh post.
The thread indicates 5 posts, ending at 9:30am.

Ok...my last story post is just not registering. This post is #8, but there are only 7 on the counter. What is wrong with my post???

Old 10-26-2001, 01:16 PM   #9
mistral4543

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
OOC...Something is wrong wih this thread... This post is #8, but there are only 7 on the counter. What is wrong with my post???

(ooc: This has happened to me a few times before; I'll continue from the post at 11.08 am and see what happens...)

Realising that she has missed the chance to speak privately with Larry due to his ramblings of machine-gun speed, her forehead wrinkles momentarily as she sees Kaz running up to her. Undeterred, however, she kisses Kaz on the cheek and turns to Larry ~ "Larry, a moment of your time, please." ~ Without waiting for him to reply, she tugs his sleeve firmly and he follows her aside, wondering what she has to say to him... ~

Old 10-26-2001, 01:28 PM   #10
mistral4543

~ For a moment, she gazes at him wordlessly, her eyes absorbing his appearance greedily. Lifting her right hand, she now stares at the ring, biting her lips determinedly. The light in her eyes flickers, before dying off. She takes a deep breath before she speaks up. ~

~"I... am sorry, Larry. I cannot accept this." ~ Her voice seems that of a stranger to her own ears. Her left hand raises to extract the ring from her right hand, her fingers suddenly trembling furiously. ~ Why is this so difficult to do... ~

~ Finally, the ring is removed and she holds it up to him ~ "I haven't much time to say this, so I'll be quick... I cannot be with you or Kaz any longer, Larry. I've seen visions of danger arising due to my presence. Please, take care of Kaz for me. Love her and cherish her..." ~ Her voice drifts off towards the end, and she blinks away the mist in her eyes. ~ "Please, take this back." ~