Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-11-2001, 04:12 AM   #21
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

BK, (LOL)

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-11-2001, 07:32 AM   #22
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Turbo, I'm up for the multi with you guys on the IWD for sure. Its an awesome game for it! HoW wasnt really worth $30, way too short but someone on the board said its gone down to $20 in response to complaints. It does add some great features though, the screen is bigger, gem/scroll/potion bags etc
Old 03-11-2001, 08:58 AM   #23
Charlie
Lord Ao

LoA.

I'm at Dorns Deep (I think) atm.

I read something in the manual regarding reputation in the game but can't actually find any reference to rep' in the game itself. Is rep' taken into account or relevant within IWD? Also, is it possible to rob from shops? Not that I'd ever attempt personally you understand but my thief has (after potions) 160 (%?) pick pockets and has always got his fingers in the till without success. What is the max' points you can assign to thieving skills (in either game) btw and at max' level does this gaurantee success in your attempts?

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-11-2001, 09:03 AM   #24
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hi Charlie, reputation doesnt seem to matter much in IWD as far as I know. It may affect prices but I think that may be it. Not sure on the thieving question though, I dont know how high you can get it.
Old 03-11-2001, 09:15 AM   #25
Charlie
Lord Ao

Thanks LoA but how do you know what your rep' score is? I don't actually think that it's incorporated within IWD despite what is in the manual.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-11-2001, 01:46 PM   #26
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

I think the rep is less important in IWD but it can effect prices. You can ck you rep on the character info, Charlie (the one where you can see the proficiencies and % alloted to various skills like pickpocketing and where you level up.)

It may be a linear plot, but I found it to be interesting. And it's true, sometimes you just want that hack and slash and not have to THINK too much in a game. BG2, which again, I LOVE, is sometimes a bit much for me to play (single) after a hard day at work. I just want to unwind and having to think through which npc to go get or dump and which quest needs doing before the others...ack! Gimmmeee my dungeon crawl and a good Paladin or Cleric party! YAH!

Possible itty bitty spoiler:

Anyone else think you got more elvenlore info in IWD? I loved the historical info about the battles between the Dwarves and the Elves. Nice effects at the Hand too. That was one tough battleground! I had not saved before entering and didn't realize how hard it was to get OUT of! whooo.... Again, the graphics were great here.

One thing I did...er, is this cheating?! Because my party seemed so woefully low level when I had almost finished the Vale of Shadows that I kept trying to rest them out in the open just to fight the creatures that appeared. At least one dungeon area there will also regenerate undead (skeletons) every time you enter after some time has passed (a "day"?)...so I did that over and over to raise the xp! Boring, but we leveled up!

LoA- I am waiting for a multi IWD with sweating palms!

CB

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 03-11-2001).]
Old 03-11-2001, 02:12 PM   #27
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Oooooo Cloudy!!!! You've got me sweating now too!!!!
Old 03-11-2001, 03:13 PM   #28
turbovee
Elminster

I hope we still all agree to wait for our BG2 game to finish before we rush into a IWD multi. I would really like Charlie there and I don't want to have any conflicts with who's doing which multi, especially with the timezone differences. Not really that worried that this would happen, but just making sure. I am anxiously awaiting to get the four of us started on a IWD multi though

------------------
I feel the need, the need for SPEED!
Peace and hair grease
Old 03-11-2001, 03:18 PM   #29
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Oooooo Cloudy!!!! You've got me sweating now too!!!!
Oh yah! ooooooooooh yah! Hey, Pauly, where's my photo? You keep telling me and LadyZ we're getting a photo...hmmmmm...maybe you are a Lord of Alcohol and Vampires? Don't photograph or have a reflection? hmmmmm...nah...you work in the daylight...hmmmmmm... You know, if you keep stalling, sweetie, I'm gonna have to find a flight to NC, and take one of my own! LOL

So, without spoiling us, how is the HOW going? Are the changes really that significant?

Cloudy
Old 03-11-2001, 03:22 PM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

No worries, turbo! I want to finish BG2 as well. I don't mind if anyone wants to start the second game (IWD) before that, but YES we would have to iron out schedules. And OF COURSE I don't want to do it without Charlie!!!!!! I thought that was an 'understood'.

I am still planning to get dsl or cable modem too. I think that will help my lag trouble and make my sched more flexible as I won't need to make my phone available to roomie by dropping out of game mid evening and coming back.

CB