Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2002, 12:51 PM   #1
Angelousss
Red Wizard of Thay

Ok so i'm out shopping w/ a friend and we come across a discount software store, I go in hoping to find icewind dale and a few other games. Just when i'm about ready to give up i see one lone copy of the game and buy it. I get home and realize I don't have the expansion. Grrr!
anyway, so i was wondering are their any mods and what not for icewind dale? on that added kits would be most prized.
oh and my first party has a
Paladin
Ranger/cleric
theif
druid
mage
ranger
Think that will be servicable?
I beat up the first dungeon and made it to the 2nd town, its been a long time since i've been this low a level. I'm not used to characters dying in one hit or mages with one spell.(been playing bg2 i have 3 parties going well one party and a solo)
Old 11-18-2002, 01:28 PM   #2
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

There are some mods for IWD but I believe they only had extra equpment, spells and stuff, nothing that actually adds areas. I would start looking on e-bay for HoF as you can add TotLM with the expansion. Your party is fairly decent, you have two rangers though, I would have taken the plain ranger and made him a straight fighter, or multi classed the thief as a fighter/thief. You have a druid though and they become very powerful later on so you should be OK.
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2002, 08:54 PM   #3
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

I know of 2 mods that are available for IWD:

1. Winter's Bane - information and download available Project Auril
- For the download, plus patches and some other conversion files for IWD, go here

NOTE - Both of these mods require that the expansion to IWD, The Heart of Winter, be installed.

There are also some customizations for IWD available here

I have not personally tried any of these modifications to the game as of yet. Can anyone clue us in to their playability and stability?
Old 11-19-2002, 05:09 AM   #4
Lord Brass
Emerald Dragon

You have to be careful in how you install the mods, as it has to be one before the other. Which way round it goes I can't remember. Some help there then! [img]smile.gif[/img] Go over to TeamBG where you can d/l them as I'm sure it says there.

There aren't any kits in IWD, sorry about that, but with the expansion Heart of Winter (HoW), Bards and Druids become fantastic - far more than any other IE game.

[ 11-19-2002, 05:11 AM: Message edited by: Lord Brass ]
Old 11-19-2002, 09:56 AM   #5
Duke Hereward
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can anyone let me know how to install custom items into IWD / HoW? I've come across a fair few but there don't appear to be instructions with any of them!
Old 11-19-2002, 11:50 AM   #6
SirWillow
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Good question Duke. I don't know and would like to also.

I was also looking over the mods and their faqs. I did pick up that the Auril one has to be installed second. But other than that, I was really left with far more questions on them than were possibly answered.

Do they add new areas? If so, how many and what?
What new spells, weapons, etc?
What other changes to the game do they make?
Are they going to screw up my games if I install them?

In other words, I'd really like to know a lot more about something like this before I risk installing it and irreparably messing up my games.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:53 PM   #7
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

A list of the spells added in the Winter's Bane mod can be found here. Unfortunately it is just a list of spell names and levels without full descriptions. The majority of the new spells fairly common D&D spells, however, and should be familiar to a number of players.
Old 11-20-2002, 02:13 PM   #8
Xtrea
The Magister

That stinks just look for mods and Look on Ebay for the Expansion.