Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-08-2001, 06:41 PM   #1
Darius
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Who should i get Minsc or Korgan? ima get edwin i have high charisma and i think i can handle them

here is my party--->>ME Darius 8lv Barbarian
Korgan
Minsc
Jaheira
Anomen
Jan Jansen

who do i pick? thanks for replie, happy holidays
Darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2001, 07:23 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

If you can stand his one liners, always take minsc.
Old 12-08-2001, 07:40 PM   #3
--= Clockwork =--
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I personally can't stand Minsc... but then, I usually play a full-evil-party. Playing good now - ditched Minsc as soon as I got out of Irenicus' dungeon.

"Every hamster has his day"
"Hamsters and rangers everywhere - rejoice! (squeak)"

and he does it about EVERY 10 SECONDS.

If I was you... I would get Keldorn ASAP.
Old 12-08-2001, 09:49 PM   #4
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Minsk may have some of the best/most annoying qoutes in the game, but he is a excellent warroir. I almost always keep him.
Old 12-08-2001, 10:26 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Ajantis was an excellent warrior in BG1, as well, but I NEVER took him because he can't form a sentence without the word "Helm," and what makes it even worse is that he belongs at the head of your party, so he NEVER shuts up! Now when I play, I kill him instead of recuiting him.

Minsc over Korgan. Korgan's the better fighter, but Minsc can heal afterwards. Keldorn over either of them.
Old 12-09-2001, 02:22 AM   #6
Kingenigma
The Magister

Give Keldorn the gauntlet of DEX. That alone makes him a hell of lot better tank.
Old 12-09-2001, 03:41 AM   #7
Galdriel wovenmist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Now if you talk of Keldorn as a good char i have to laugh. When I played single I used this Party:
Me(Paladin)
Minsc
Jaheira
Nalia
Keldorn
And Aerie.
After every battle I found myself with the whole party EXEPT Keldorn. He always died! He is like Khalid in BG1. Flees at every opportunity. But every body choose what they like. I would adwise to use the party I listed here but change Keldorn with Haer'Dalis.
A blade is a really nice fighter/mage.

Thaerek Blackmain/Galdriel Wovenmist
Galdriel wovenmist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 06:48 AM   #8
andy the assasin
Manshoon

Minsc is the best. He's one of the best fighters and is the strongest Npc in SoA. He can also get in a fight with edwin which is funny
andy the assasin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 07:41 AM   #9
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Galdriel(relative? [img]smile.gif[/img] He's talking about Korgan, the obnoxoius evil jerk dwarf at the Copper Coronet, not the nice, charming paladin Keldorn. My opinion is...oops, I think I've already given it. I love Minsc, and if I was playing single player, always take him. Don't have room in Multiplayer, too many tanks,( sighs regretfully)
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2001, 08:38 AM   #10
Tom
Elminster

Korgan definetley! He can grandmaster in something, which Minsc can only dream about. He can enrage, which kinda rocks against demi-lichs and vampires. And by the time you get Crom Faer (if you do) then Korgan should already be grandmaster in war hammerey.(At least, he did for me)
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote