Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2003, 02:43 PM   #21
Jatelka
Dungeon Master

Interesting tip for a lot later in the game:

Jan managed to take out an Adamantine Golem in Suldenassar with the Gesen Bow (however it only took 1 point of damage for each arrow, and thus this fight ended up taking 20 minutes or so!)
Jatelka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 07:56 PM   #22
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

What irritates me is the fact that the de'Arnise Golems turn hostile as soon as you take the weapons, even if Nalia's in the party! They're *HER* Golems, aren't they? She should be able to tell them to get their lazy butts downstairs and kick the living snot out of this TorGal dude!
Old 04-28-2003, 08:27 PM   #23
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

A few nitpicks Dundee: Ice Arrows don't allow a save for the extra damage (even says so in the description [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), and MR will block the extra acid damage from Acid Arrows. I get a feeling this might be yet another US vs Euro Version difference though.

Also, I've never encountered an Adamantite Golem in de'Arnise Keep, even though I play with the "always toughest random encounters" mod on. Thought you would always meet an Iron Golem there?

[ 04-28-2003, 08:31 PM: Message edited by: Rataxes ]
Old 04-28-2003, 09:32 PM   #24
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
Also, I've never encountered an Adamantite Golem in de'Arnise Keep, even though I play with the "always toughest random encounters" mod on. Thought you would always meet an Iron Golem there?
I always get the Iron Golem too, but it's easy to mix them up since they use the same avatar. Most places I don't pay attention to whether it's an Iron or Adamantite Golem, I just know to unlimber the +3 weapons and hope that no one gets killed.
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:25 PM   #25
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Rataxes:
A few nitpicks Dundee: Ice Arrows don't allow a save for the extra damage (even says so in the description [img]tongue.gif[/img] ), and MR will block the extra acid damage from Acid Arrows. I get a feeling this might be yet another US vs Euro Version difference though. ~~
?!?!

Your version is whacked! [img]tongue.gif[/img] Jesting aside, why would the European version change the rules regarding this? Come to think of it, this is the first time I heard anybody say that the acid from Acid Arrows are blocked by Magic Resistance.

Can somebody else with an European copy of BG2 confirm this?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2003, 10:37 PM   #26
IdiotRogue
Manshoon

Thanks for all the help. I have used the tactic mentioned by Dundee, saving the Iron Golem for last for Minsc. Never used the sanctuary strategy before, but will on my next go 'round.

Having never played PnP D&D, I truly appreciate all the info regarding weapons needed. I will keep this in mind in the furture (always figured the higher number the weapon, the better, but never realized all the mitigating factors... can someone hack me a tactical nuke?).