Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-17-2002, 08:34 PM   #1
SchroedingersCat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Location: My computer, my apartment, St.Louis, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
I can't seem to get Adalon's eggs from the treasury without alerting the guards and getting attacked. This isn't really a problem since I'm playing a 19th level monk - more like a moderate aggravation. I was just wondering if it's possible to switch the fake eggs for the real ones without being detected.

Thanks!
SchroedingersCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 08:41 PM   #2
Dragonbreath
Manshoon

Which guards do you mean, on the inside or on the outside of the treasury room??...I think the ones on the inside always attack you...or maybe you need to switch in the fake eggs first, then take out the real ones...anyways the guards outside the treasury shouldn't be bothering you if they are...
Old 07-17-2002, 08:41 PM   #3
Dragonbreath
Manshoon

BTW WELCOME TO IW!!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

[ 07-17-2002, 08:43 PM: Message edited by: Dragonbreath ]
Old 07-17-2002, 08:50 PM   #4
SchroedingersCat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Location: My computer, my apartment, St.Louis, North America, Earth, Milky Way, Universe
Actually, it's both sets of guards. I may have the sequence of events a little off here but it goes something like this: I open the door to the treasury and the outside guards go hostile (but don't actually attack since I'm invisible), once I'm in the room someone shouts out some typical drow "praise Lolth" babble but nothing happens, and as soon as I click on the chest to open it (I think that's what it is anyway) all the golems attack. So I never really even have a chance to switch the eggs before everyone goes nuts....
Old 07-17-2002, 08:58 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

Hey Schroedingerscat!!!! Welcome to IW!! I only found the golemns really hard myself. Try a sanctuary spell, run in, switch em, and run out. R u playin solo?
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 08:58 PM   #6
Dragonbreath
Manshoon

I know the golems are meant to attack but the outside guards should only go hostile if they see you attacking the golems, at least that's how it was with me when I played that part...
Old 07-17-2002, 09:05 PM   #7
SchroedingersCat
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I hadn't thought of using sanctuary. That shouldn't be a problem - I'm not soloing the monk (although seeing how powerful he's gotten I'd imagine that running a solo monk would be a snap). I'll have to send in Aerie (she's the only one in my party who knows sactuary) and see how that works.
Old 07-17-2002, 11:12 PM   #8
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I would advise closing the door to the treasury behind you when you walk in, so the guards don't see you. I'm fairly sure that works

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 08:12 AM   #9
Sir Exxon
Zartan

I always have to fight both the Golems and the Egg guards outside. No problem, though, no of the other guards in the temple goes hostile.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 10:53 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Kill the two guards standing outside the door before switching the eggs. The other guards will not be alerted. I presume you have ToB installed.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote