Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2004, 04:39 PM   #11
Melusine
Dracolisk

Hugh, I'm so glad you're OK!! *HUGS*
I'm glad you could call Anne, too. Shit - you gave me a scare mate. Take care of yourself. *hug*
And good you put the whole story here, too... hope you're OK.

[ 02-27-2004, 04:42 PM: Message edited by: Melusine ]
Old 02-27-2004, 05:08 PM   #12
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

The Anne thing is in a totally different zone now. [img]smile.gif[/img] Glad she's in NYC. [img]smile.gif[/img] Making me very happy. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-27-2004, 05:35 PM   #13
slicer15
Symbol of Cyric

Whoa...I really can't think of anything to say...glad you're okay, and I can't imagine the experience you went through...I feel for you though, and glad it didn't turn out worse. Take care, mate.
Old 02-27-2004, 05:45 PM   #14
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:
It's a shame you could not get them arrested.
I was thinking about that. I was so relieved that I wasn't hurt or robbed, I just didn't want to pursue it. I wanted to apply the same grace I was shown. I did ring the police, and asked that they send a car around to patrol the area - to prevent something else - but I didn't want to press charges. (Attempted robbery would have been it).

The policeman on 911 was a good counsellor actually. Really good. Helped me a lot.

I have a photographic memory too. I could pick the little guy out in a flash. But I didn't want to encourage a death to avoid future incarceration. I just hope and pray they turn straight....
[/QUOTE]Yes I can understand that. I guess they DID do the right thing in the end. Who knows, maybe the whole incident embarrassed them and they will give up their criminal life. Probably not, but you never know, the phrase God works in mysterious ways comes to mind. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Old 02-27-2004, 06:15 PM   #15
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

I do wonder what the whole thing would have been like in their shoes.... I have no idea how they perceived me, or the event. They obviously initially thought I had money. Were they just after cash? Why did they not take the credit card? Did my calling Jesus name trigger some sense of conviction in them or did the Holy Spirit work a miracle? Did the Australian thing play a part? Did my perpetual movement? My speaking to them, and almost beligerant annoyance that the situation arose? Did I seem more human by talking? Did I seem less of an easy target with all that?

I keep going back to the Jesus bit. Prior to that, they had my wallet and were moving towards me. After I called him, they walked past and threw my wallet back....

Oh to be in their head.

Either way, I'm thankful to God, and still pondering what I've learned. My faith is stronger, I'm more convinced of my necessity to be alive - for the sake of others.

Mind blowing. Such a few short minutes can prompt such thoughts.

[ 02-27-2004, 06:16 PM: Message edited by: Yorick ]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-27-2004, 06:28 PM   #16
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
I do wonder what the whole thing would have been like in their shoes.... I have no idea how they perceived me, or the event. They obviously initially thought I had money. Were they just after cash? Why did they not take the credit card? Did my calling Jesus name trigger some sense of conviction in them or did the Holy Spirit work a miracle? Did the Australian thing play a part? Did my perpetual movement? My speaking to them, and almost beligerant annoyance that the situation arose? Did I seem more human by talking? Did I seem less of an easy target with all that?

I keep going back to the Jesus bit. Prior to that, they had my wallet and were moving towards me. After I called him, they walked past and threw my wallet back....

Oh to be in their head.

Either way, I'm thankful to God, and still pondering what I've learned. My faith is stronger, I'm more convinced of my necessity to be alive - for the sake of others.

Mind blowing. Such a few short minutes can prompt such thoughts.
I'm glad to see you're safe after all of this!

I'd say that you had a mix of all of those things in there with a little bit of luck as well.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Old 02-27-2004, 07:01 PM   #17
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

its good your alright mate! and what LORD said as well, any of those things helped you. and glad your just safe and sound Hugh.

Catch me if you can..
Old 02-27-2004, 11:13 PM   #18
Arledrian
Egyptian Goddess of the Dead

I'm really sorry to hear about this, Hugh. I hope you're doing better now and that you're not all shook up as my man Elvis would say. I think you handled the situation very well - I don't think many people would have been able to remain calm enough to pull the touris/immigrant charade. Hope you feel alright again soon.
Old 02-28-2004, 12:32 AM   #19
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

OMG Hugh, I am SO glad it went as it did, and they left you alone instead of working you over for no cash. It's fate too in a way, it's life's way of kicking you in the arse, and letting you know your still alive , and as you said with the book, you came away with many new outlooks I think.

I'm just glad you're okay. I watch NYC Channel 4 all the time, and see people dead every night. PLEASE listen to your gut now, and TAKE the cab! The 4,5 and 6, do they go through bad spots? Because people get mugged on the trains a lot too.

Looks like someone listened to you too, my friend.

This is one post that I will be keeping archived for a long time.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 02-28-2004, 12:47 AM   #20
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Glad you made it through that alright, Yorick. I haven't a clue what I'd do if I was in your shoes. Actually I'd probably have broken down entirely.

Anyway my thoughts, your exclamation to God may have flipped some kind of switch in their heads, or when you called to Jesus as your brother they may have simply thought you were looney and decided to let you go. We may never know. At any rate, glad you're ok.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com