Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-29-2000, 07:15 PM   #1
EasyL3

I have a couple questions about Terminsel ...

First of all, he appears the first time to give you the note that Jaheira is at the Harper base. He's supposed to appear a second time to give you an amulet but it's been like 100 days since I finished the Harper quest and he hasn't come. Am I supposed to do anything or be anywhere to trigger him coming, or is it just a random occurrance?

Also, what's with the anagram for Elminster? Is there some connection between the two, or did the programmers just throw him in there for fun? Not that it has any bearing on the game at all, I'm just curious.

-Thanks

Old 12-29-2000, 10:55 PM   #2
Mr. Underhill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Elminster mixes the letters in his name all the time it is a common thing for him to do. You know he's an eccentric old mage.
Old 12-29-2000, 11:03 PM   #3
Armisael

He comes after you take care of Dermin. It's a timed event which works, I think, on real time, not game time, and he'll only come if you're on the mainland or in Athkatla.

Old 12-30-2000, 03:51 AM   #4
satan

you can steal a ring of protection +2 of him when he comes to give you the note of jaheira,
just be quick before he leaves, i know the ring sucks but you can sell it for a few bucks

Old 12-30-2000, 04:06 AM   #5
One ANGRY lil' man

Stealing from Elminster..... how low can you get? Tsk, Tsk, Tsk, Not even my theives went that low. Whats next mugging Drizzt for those danm swords or stealing Boo from minsc or maybe we can top it all of by slaughtering the knigts of Lathander for those special helmets?
Faerun today I tell you its just sad.

Old 12-30-2000, 04:16 AM   #6
Armisael

I suppose we could always just stick to killing and looting self-styled champions of justice.

Old 12-30-2000, 04:34 AM   #7
satan

the swords fit good with my new armor,
i think my ranger really likes drizzt's swords
MUAHAHAHAAAAA, he wasnt that easy to kill though