Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2000, 02:58 PM   #1
Maestro22

*spoilers below*

I have a 'good' party and I have now traced the Tanner quest to the Umar hills and found the guy you have to buy the book from. If I choose to say "its over for you", he just runs away and thats pretty much the end of it as far as I can tell. If I tell him his name(which I STILL cant understand from the clues given on the scroll.. maybe Im just stupid, but thats one friggin hard riddle), I can get him to give me the quest to get some silver dragons blood.
My biggest question is this: can my neutral thief wear that armor after its finished? And also, what will killing a silver dragon do to my reputation and Paladin standing? I was just trying to go for the biggest EXP and item reward that I could

Thanx info,
Maestro

Old 10-28-2000, 04:57 PM   #2
Glorick the Half-Orc

I'm not totally positive, but I believe I read that that armor can only be worn by Evil alignments.

There are some greats sets of leather for you thief anyway...

Old 10-29-2000, 03:00 PM   #3
Ursusfury

Um, I think you are doing this quest wrong, the Tanner is a bad guy, and silver dragons are "good" which should clue you as to doing something wrong. Did you get the quest from the Captain who mentioned that the murder victims had their skin flayed from them? Pretty sure that means any armor that might be made by the tanner would be really nasty. Biggest exp gain would be by doing the good quest, and killing the Tanner. I will clue you in, killing a silver dragon is only possible (as far as I know) in chapter 5, and if you kill her, you are well down the black path to the darkside, and the game is going to get EXTREMELY hard for you. Best bet would be to go to the bridge district and try to help solve the murders (which involve the tanner) (if I'm not mistaken, you get a really sweet piece of equipment from the guildmistress in Trademeet for doing this quest, something that a thief would really like to have, like, oh, the nights gift plus 5? I could be wrong, but I think it's close)