Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-28-2004, 01:02 AM   #21
Epona
Zartan

Hugh I am so glad you are OK. You must be pretty shaken by the whole thing.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:46 AM   #22
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Mm... I won't act as if we have some deep, profound friendship, though I do feel as if I know you somewhat. That being said, I am happy that you're alright. Have you learned from your ordeal? It seems like you handled yourself in an impressive manner.
All I can add is that instincts are our most valuable asset, and they should be heeded.
And it *is* interesting, how times of duress can prompt philosophical/theological musings, isn't it?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 02-28-2004, 06:20 AM   #23
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

A lucky man you are Hugh...

I am glad they didn't hurt you, and they didn't finish you off as an act of frustration...

Also, your courage was still enormous. You didn't freeze, you didn't scream like hell or something like that. Keeping your composure can really help with these kinds of stuff.

On a more optimistic note, it didn't cost you anything... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Take care OKAY?
Old 02-28-2004, 06:45 AM   #24
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Well done Hugh! You made it through a tough dilemma unscathed. Alot of people arn't so fortunate, as you well know... So, chalk up another life-changing learning experience eh? I'm glad you are alright.

[ 02-29-2004, 12:05 AM: Message edited by: The Hierophant ]
Old 02-28-2004, 07:10 AM   #25
WillowIX
Apophis

I'm glad you're safe Yorick. Reading the first paragraphs had me worried. It must have been a terrifying experiencing.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:20 AM   #26
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Mm... I won't act as if we have some deep, profound friendship
Do I sense a bit of a slight or maybe simply a questioning tone with regard to some of the posts made here? [img]smile.gif[/img] You couldn't know, but many of us DO actually have deep friendships with each other, strange as it may seem. Some of us have known each other for over three years and met in real life several times. Hugh (Yorick) has probably met most people of all, in Europe, Australia and America. I met him twice myself and consider him a friend. So that's where the slightly 'overreacting' tone in our posts might come from.
Old 02-28-2004, 07:22 AM   #27
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
The Anne thing is in a totally different zone now. [img]smile.gif[/img] Glad she's in NYC. [img]smile.gif[/img] Making me very happy. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Mate - that's fantastic news. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2004, 11:26 AM   #28
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Amen Yorrick. That is really good to read this. I see so much of this on the news that has gone the other way, you never hear about the one that got away so to speak. Your Gaurdian Angel was with you that night for sure [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-28-2004, 01:26 PM   #29
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by Illumina Drathiran'ar:
Mm... I won't act as if we have some deep, profound friendship

Do I sense a bit of a slight or maybe simply a questioning tone with regard to some of the posts made here? [img]smile.gif[/img] You couldn't know, but many of us DO actually have deep friendships with each other, strange as it may seem. Some of us have known each other for over three years and met in real life several times. Hugh (Yorick) has probably met most people of all, in Europe, Australia and America. I met him twice myself and consider him a friend. So that's where the slightly 'overreacting' tone in our posts might come from. [/QUOTE]No! No! You misunderstood me!
I completely understand the types of friendships that can be forged here, have observed several and am forming quite a few myself. I simply haven't forged one with Yorick/Hugh here yet. I feel as if I know him somewhat, though, and as such deserves my... Not condolences. Commendations? I don't know what word to use. He deserves a nod for getting through a tough situation like that, just as I would say something to someone in a class with me with whom I've spoken on occasion. In saying "I won't act as if we have some deep, profound friendship" it means I'm not going to gush or anything, you know? I haven't earned that right.

[ 02-28-2004, 01:28 PM: Message edited by: Illumina Drathiran'ar ]

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 02-28-2004, 01:33 PM   #30
Melusine
Dracolisk

OK - no worries!! [img]smile.gif[/img]