Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2002, 06:46 AM   #11
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:

I know i'ts a disgrace we'll start earlier next time [img]smile.gif[/img]

10 pints for 32 stone does bring a whole new meaning to "Boring Boring Arsenal", you have to try harder!. In the words of so many great sporting commentators - the escalator just wanted it more.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 03-12-2002, 07:12 AM   #12
norompanlasolas

ok, for the non british in the place. how much is 32 stone in kilograms???

i do know what a pint is though. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2002, 07:17 AM   #13
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by norompanlasolas:

203 Kg. That's between the two of them though!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-12-2002, 08:33 AM   #14
Davros
Takhisis Follower

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

203 Kg. That's between the two of them though!

I'm trying to work out how it comes out at 203 kg Donut - did I meet Keith - is he the small trim athletic fellow that had the unfortunate accident with the coat and my stray cider?

I think we should take that challenge Donut - paraphrasing Rocky 4, "We will crush you" .
Old 03-12-2002, 08:39 AM   #15
Davros
Takhisis Follower

And speaking of good crushings - Australia beats South Africa for the 5th straight test - secures #1 in the world rankings, Shane Warne named man of the match for his totals of 8 wickets and 80 odd runs.

I seem to remember I first met Donut, when he was mocking the Sheik of Tweak - something about his being over-weight and past it. Would you like those old put-downs on a cold platter, or perhaps warmed up with a slice or two of spiced ham - I've heard that eating one's own words tastes better that way . Looking forward to the next English visit down under
Old 03-12-2002, 08:47 AM   #16
Epona
Zartan

Guys, please stop, I'm gonna die laughing - coffee on the monitor!
Lanesra - Barnes Wallace Institute [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/biglaugh.gif[/img] that nearly finished me off...

you gits...
Old 03-12-2002, 09:48 AM   #17
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:

Is that an American or British pint?
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 03-12-2002, 10:48 AM   #18
norompanlasolas

quote:
Originally posted by Donut:

Is that an American or British pint?

ehhrrm... whats the difference???

for the record, i only know the british pint. had it whilst i was travelling there, and drink it here in some of the dozens of irish pubs that are infesting madrid. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 03-12-2002, 11:18 AM   #19
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

LOL... now that's something you don't see everyday! who knows! maybe LONDON is on the next FAULT line! Yipes! we get stuff like that in cuba alot too, though I head the islands arent fully volcanic... i mean mostly its coral but here and there there's black sand so... who knows...
Old 03-12-2002, 11:54 AM   #20
Donut
Jack Burton

quote:

ehhrrm... whats the difference???

for the record, i only know the british pint. had it whilst i was travelling there, and drink it here in some of the dozens of irish pubs that are infesting madrid. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

US pint is 4/5ths of an Imperial pint.

US is 16 fluid ounces. Imperial is 20. One fluid ounce is the amount of water that weighs an ounce.

(So what's an ounce Donut?)