Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-14-2000, 09:20 PM   #1
Suul-Yinn

I have just met Imoen again and I want to drop one of my party for her. My party is myself, elven mage/thief lvls 13/15, Nalia 15, Aerie 13/13, Jaheira 11/13, Keldorn 14 and Valygar 13. As Imoen is only a level 11 mage, should I drop Nalia or keep her. Does it affect the plot too much if I don't recruit Imoen? Whoever I leave, can I go back for them later on? I need Aerie as she is my only Cleric and Jaheira has some excellent mage knobbling spells eg insect plague plus ace summoned elementals. Any suggestions would be welcome.

By the way, do any of you bother to remember healing spells, as I don't? There are so many healing potions, scrolls and regenerating items that I feel the slots are better used for offensive/defensive spells. The challenge seems to come from figuring the right way to approach a particular battle. Once it clicks, it is relatively straight forward and little damage is done. What do you think, is BG2 too soft?

Old 11-14-2000, 09:55 PM   #2
Armisael

I'd keep Aerie if you don't have another cleric, and you're spot on with Jaheira. You'll want to keep your fighters. What I'd do is drop Nalia and take Imoen instead. You won't get Nalia back, but that's no real loss, since the differences between Nalia and Imoen are negligable, aside from the fact that Imoen is a much better thief, and she's much more important to the plot. You're losing a couple of levels and some spells... meh. It's really up to you. You can get spells back easily by going to Firkraag's dungeon or somesuch and resting a lot; those skeleton warriors drop scrolls like there's no tomorrow (mantle, finger of death, warding whip, you name it).

Old 11-14-2000, 09:57 PM   #3
Armisael

Oh, and as for healing spells... I usually have Viconia spend most of her level 5 mem slots on Mass Cure. It casts quick and it's great for keeping people alive. Heal is only any good outside of battle since it takes too long. Emergency in-battle healing is where potions come in.

Old 11-14-2000, 10:06 PM   #4
Suul-Yinn

Cheers, I must remember to strip her of all her goods. I hope she's wearing her thermals as it gets mighty chilly in those dungeons...

Old 11-14-2000, 10:08 PM   #5
Suul-Yinn

Oh, do the Skeleton Warriors re-spawn as I have already cleared it and killed Firkraag?

Old 11-14-2000, 10:10 PM   #6
Armisael

They don't 'respawn' as such; but oft-times, when you rest in that dungeon, you get awoken by them. I came out of that place with 20,000 gp worth of scrolls.

Old 11-14-2000, 10:17 PM   #7
Suul-Yinn

Of course! My brains not working as it is 3am here. Thanks for your help. I'm off to join my wife in bed as she isn't one of those lady gamers like Tara and co, worst luck!