Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-31-2000, 05:40 AM   #21
TeRRoRiTe

The dwarf mines are easier then getting into shurugeon castle, run to the dwarf mines (they're far southwest), pickpocket the key from the king and rob all of his treasure chambers (there are at least 5). I hope you have good strength, as the goldbars weigh 5 lbs each. Otherwise, just leave them, and get the other stuff first.

Old 10-31-2000, 04:58 PM   #22
Regis
Welcomed New User

A couple of other tricks to use (from Ishad N'ha on):

Ancient Lore/Artifacts Traits - No longer have to pay to ID items (same rules apply as far as ID-ing multiples of the same item). ID Cost = ˝ * Fully ID-ed Value, which means you break even paying to ID vs. just selling, but make double what you would if you can ID it yourself.

Blacksmith/Forge Traits - Sellback value is slightly higher when items are fully repaired and you rarely have to pay to repair your own stuff (level of ability determines what level of item you can repair).

Merchant Trait - Buy lower/Sell higher...you might consider using this char whenever/wherever you can when buying things, but ALWAYS when selling. I believe the increase starts at +10% (not sure)...imagine that when selling those Gold Bars

My best combo once I started all three of these was to have my Priest ID items, pass them to my Dwarf Warrior to repair, then pass them to my Rogue to sell. I was hauling in ~30K+ every trip back from Shururgeon Castle. If you load everyone up on stuff and can't move it around, just make sure to use the same pattern when you get back to the Armory in town. I'm presently adding the ID skills to most of my other chars just as a convenience.

Another trick to save on ID is to have separate chars walk over the items on the ground -- they will automatically pick up whatever matches what they have in their inventory, regardless of whether the item on the ground is identified or not, provided they are groupable items (arrows, potions, skulls, etc.*). This means that even if you can't ID the items yourself yet, they will automatically be ID-ed for you. You might also consider splitting up your inventories of throwing/shooting weapons and selling off the excess (especially Shurikens - they bring quite a pretty penny). I try to cut down to anywhere from 1 to 5 of each...they weigh me down, I never use them, and usually end up wasting them if I'm trying to fight from too far a range (default fight when out of primary weapon range will use any throwing weapons you are equipped with).
*PS to this one - For some reason, unidentified Lockpicks will not be automatically picked up. However, if you have another char pass them to the character who has Lockpicks on him or just have that character pick them up, they will be ID-ed/grouped. So just have your Rogue keep one of each Level set and pass them to him.

Pickpocket - I just started trying this on neutral (non-aggressive) NPC's. ALMOST EVERY DWARF IN THE STOUT MINES HAS A GEM ON HIM!!* Also, NPC's don't notice if they have nothing to offer when you ask to trade, so the only drawback is if you get caught (save before each NPC). I still have to go back to the beginning and try it on the others.
*PS to this one - There seems to be a glitch on stealing from an NPC when you have given them something that they give back (I now have ~8 Clan Invitations from Pickpocketing Dwarf Guards who turned down the offer).