Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2002, 06:21 PM   #1
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

OK I have seen how you muck with stats and all but how do you give yourself and item? Also how do you change other stuff like pick locks and all? Also can you give yourself feats? Yes this is cheating but I want to know how to do it. Also how do you get a monster to spawn in front of you?
Thanks,
Granamere
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2002, 07:16 PM   #2
SirTristram
Manshoon

play with a DM
Old 11-21-2002, 08:23 AM   #3
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Ok so if I was a DM how would I do these things? [img]smile.gif[/img]
Granamere
Old 11-21-2002, 08:29 AM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Hit the tilda key (~) to brings up a cursor in the top right hand corner of the screen. Pause the game to keep it from fading too quickly.

Type in "DebugMode 1" without quotes, and it is case sensitive. If you done it correctly, it should say SUCCESS.

Then use the tab button to bring up a list of commands. You use the tab button again to scroll through the command list.

After you've finished, make sure you type in "DebugMode 0" to close the cheat mode. Again it will say SUCCESS.

EDIT FOR EXAMPLES - I think the command for giving gold is "dm_givegold", so to give your character 50,000GP you would type "dm_givegold 50000" at the command prompt while in debugmode. It will say something like ENTERED TARGET MODE, and then you click on your character.

The command for placing an item is "dm_spawnitem". This one is a bit trickier because you have to know the item's code, but you can get it by going to create a module (I have a tiny one premade, so I don't have to do it everytime) and go to the item list, as if you were going to place it, then right click to get the code. It will be something like "NW_IT_xxxxxxxxx", with the x's representing numbers and or letters.

Once you know the code or codes you want, all you have to do is type in "dm_spawnitem NW_IT_xxxxxxxxx" while your cursor is pointing to the ground. If you have the cursor in a wall or other inaccessible area you won't be able to get it.

I don't know specifically about giving feats, but I'll bet it is in the list. There are dozens of commands including those that let you adjust your attributes, XP, level, and much more.

[ 11-21-2002, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 11-21-2002, 08:32 AM   #5
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

To do it like a DM?

Load the save game in question under DM mode, "create" the items, place them on the ground, save, exit, and reload under regular mode.

This one looks a bit weird because it doesn't load your character under DM mode, it loads your game with a DM as your player character. This isn't a problem and won't hurt your dude one bit.

When you reload, there will be a blank picture slot where your dude's picture should be. Load anyway, and then choose to use your guy from the list under local server. I think it's local server. Anyway, just pick your character. If you've been exporting him, there will be more than one version of your character, so look at them to make sure you choose the right one.

You don't have to export him before you use this method(the game will save him for you), but you can.

You can't use this method, as I've explained it, to upgrade your character because your character won't be in the game when you load it in DM mode. I may be wrong, but I think you'd need two linked computers to do that in DM mode.

I have a tendancy to make things sound more complicated than they are, so just make sure you have a backup save of the one your working with and give both methods a try. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT because the one sentance I originally posted just didn't explain it well enough.

[ 11-21-2002, 09:17 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 11-21-2002, 09:09 AM   #6
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Granamere:
Yes this is cheating but I want to know how to do it.
Nothing wrong with that.

Some here hate cheating, some love it. Personally, I don't do it much at all, but I have seen the value of it, in past games, when it helped me correct a screw up that saved me from replaying 2-3 hours of the game to correct.

Another great reason for wanting to know the things you've asked is to build yourself a stable of characters for online play. Not necessarily a bunch of hacked-up god characters(although some do like this), but a variety of different character types within the normal range.

I like to play fighters, clerics, mages, and rogues in all of their various incarnations. Some online games call for level 1-5, others level 15+, etc. I could never have all the different characters I'd like to play from time to time for certain games if I didn't create them.

For me, it is always more fun to start from first level and work my way up, but it isn't always possible.
Old 11-21-2002, 09:41 AM   #7
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks for all the good info.

The big reason I was wanting to know how to spawn an item is that I found a really cool scabbard. Then I went to the next chest and found something else. Then the game locked on me. On loading the game back and opening the chest again I get something new not the scabbard. I would really like the scabbard. Yes I should have saved before opening then new chest but I just do not save that often. Most of the time when it crashes I like replying the area. It lets me know what is there and I can do a better job of beating it.

The spawn thing was. I needed 6 XP to go up a level. I did not want to start the next quest and get it. If I just had almost anything I would be next level.

Stats is just plain old cheating. I would like to increase my trap skill up 2 points and I have not found the greater theives hood yet. I know it is part of playing the gamebut it is just 2 points. [img]smile.gif[/img] 2 or 200 does it really matter? [img]smile.gif[/img]