Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 01-22-2003, 08:39 AM   #1
quietman1920

This is a variation on a theme which I feel deserves its own thread. We all appreciate Sexy Voices to one degree or another. While I know none of us would be stuck senseless and marry a person on the spot just because of her or his voice, a voice Does add to the attraction you have for someone. I will even go as far as to say that certain accents (or dialects), be they regional or national, can Peak your interest. So, that being said, what is your Favorite accent/dialect to hear in a member of the opposite sex? Which area's accents pin the needle on the Sexxy scale?
Old 01-22-2003, 08:48 AM   #2
Epona
Zartan

I think some people have very attractive voices. To me, it's more about tone and pitch than what accent they have. Although I wouldn't fall for someone on the basis of voice alone, if someone had a really irritating voice it would be difficult to maintain anything if it grated on your ears every time they opened their mouth!

Having said that, I like Irish accents a lot.
Worst ones are Birmingham (just clarifying that I'm talking about the original Birmingham in the UK here!) and really strong white South African accents I find slightly grating. (sorry folks).
Old 01-22-2003, 04:40 PM   #3
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
I think some people have very attractive voices. To me, it's more about tone and pitch than what accent they have. Although I wouldn't fall for someone on the basis of voice alone, if someone had a really irritating voice it would be difficult to maintain anything if it grated on your ears every time they opened their mouth!

Having said that, I like Irish accents a lot.
Worst ones are Birmingham (just clarifying that I'm talking about the original Birmingham in the UK here!) and really strong white South African accents I find slightly grating. (sorry folks).
I agree with you on the south african accent, sounds very hard on a woman.
Old 01-22-2003, 05:55 PM   #4
Leonis
Symbol of Cyric

Are you talking Dutch or English white South African?

As for my opinion, I find Parisian accents speaking English not so much sexy as adorable.

I agree with Epona on the tone and pitch too. I heard many accents where different people from the same area sound horrifying or alluring...

Indian is another of my favorites though.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:14 PM   #5
Kzonon
Dungeon Master

I like the South African accent (Dutch). Actually, while I was there last fall (for them, spring for us), I tried my hardest to pick it up. I guess its only because they are so rare around here, its a novelty.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:25 PM   #6
Sir Krustin
Symbol of Cyric

Irish does me in every time.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:32 PM   #7
SomeGuy
Unicorn

blasted Female sweet talk voice no guy can resist.... Ya know where the say stuff like this "Pweeeeease." "Sowwy" " I Wuv you"
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 01-22-2003, 06:39 PM   #8
Melusine
Dracolisk

I like a lot of accents! Always loved Irish and Scottish accents, but last year when I met some IW members in France, I thought their accents were charming without exception. Loved the Londoners (Donut and Epona), the Aussie accents (Davros, Yorick) are really pleasant-sounding as well, Wolfie's Swenglish was cute, Mouse's Scottish is lovely, especially combined with the "Scotsman abroad outfit". [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Moiraine's French accent is very charming, particularly when she says "Baaaaaaah" and most of all I loved when her young son Marco translated for us in a touristic train-trip - simply brilliant. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
Sadly, the only accent that I find really ugly is Dutch people speaking English *shudder* [img]redface.gif[/img]
English with a German accent isn't very attractive either, though it's better than Dutch.
Old 01-22-2003, 06:40 PM   #9
Melusine
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
blasted Female sweet talk voice no guy can resist.... Ya know where the say stuff like this "Pweeeeease." "Sowwy" " I Wuv you"
LMAO!! Guilty
I do that a lot to my boyfriend, babytalk as well, and pouting. I'm evil
Old 01-22-2003, 07:37 PM   #10
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Asian accents are for the most part a pain outside of the high-pitched female japanese kind -^_^-, though some find French acccents atractive i think they sound too sluttish, and I dunnow, I just like people without accents...