Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-10-2003, 08:49 PM   #31
Tancred
White Dragon

When arming some Sith characters with interesting 'takes' on the lightsaber, my local star wars roleplay GM came up with a martial-arts Sith, who had two short saber beams that were affixed to his wrist and extended down the length of his forearm. He would then use these to block laserbolts, lightsabers etc while dispatching folks with kicks, punches, or if you were unlucky, swinging his lightsaber forearm into your face. Just thought I'd mention that.
Old 11-10-2003, 10:25 PM   #32
sultan

i've always liked staves. i mean, how cool is that? fight with a stick. you can get that anywhere.

also, crossbows. in particular, i remember that little wrist-crossbow one of the baddies had in road warrior. sweet.

Old 11-10-2003, 11:04 PM   #33
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

demon general...
have you considered giving him 'demonic' weaponry?
like for example 'biological' weapons such as his hands are able to form themselves into various implements as needed (punch daggers, claws etc)

as for 'shady' you might consider less flashy weapons or ranged weaponry; if youve read rhapsody, the assassin in the book uses a really neat ranged weapon that fires razor sharp projectiles that are somewhat like ninjas stars but a different shape. the weapon though medieval has an enormous range (half a mile i think it was?) and fired 3 times per round.
Old 11-11-2003, 03:01 PM   #34
Encard
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Gabrielles blades:
as for 'shady' you might consider less flashy weapons or ranged weaponry; if youve read rhapsody, the assassin in the book uses a really neat ranged weapon that fires razor sharp projectiles that are somewhat like ninjas stars but a different shape. the weapon though medieval has an enormous range (half a mile i think it was?) and fired 3 times per round.
To be fair, the assassin also has his blood-sense-type-thingy going for him so that he can actually hit at that range, from what I remember... Also, I'm somewhat doubtful that it could actually be made with mnedieval-ish tech. Of course, since we still don't really know the tech level of the thing in question... *shrug*

Hmm... How about a nice, businesslike longsword? After all, who needs shinyness? Simple and sharp, that's the thing. Or, if you don't mind something that's probably rather impractical for real combat but sounds vaguely cool, a mercurial longsword (sword with a channel partially full of mercury running down the center)?
Old 11-11-2003, 05:07 PM   #35
Azimaith
Manshoon

In traditional mythology demons are usually found with a sword of some type. And yes, katars were used in the game diablo but those are hardly a great representation of what they are. Poison of some kind is always good, imagine a incorporeal decaying claw or sword. It passed directly through solid objects but when it hits flesh it the organic material decays extremely fast making even a touch with it extremely painful and deadly. (it will give ya blood poisoning not to mention the fact that the flesh will liquefy when its decaying.) That seems like a very demonic weapon to have, if not for the main character you could use it for one more evil. Still katars would work well.
The Democrats bash the Republicans and the Republicans bash the democrats, now everyones got mud in their eyes and they can\'t see what matters.<br />Check out this site: [url]\"http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.thehaca.com/about.htm</a>
Old 11-11-2003, 08:05 PM   #36
Spirits forever

WOW... that's a great idea... i love the idea for the bio type weapon.. i think i migh use that, but there is one problem the demon later gets a human part, and i don't think that would work but still that is a grat idea!!!
thanks... still i would apreciate any help with this story... ANY THING besides the drawing :-p

thanks

Old 11-11-2003, 09:05 PM   #37
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

A P90 or an MP5...

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Old 11-11-2003, 09:23 PM   #38
Indemaijinj
Symbol of Cyric

Razor "wings".

These twisted semi-angelic "wings" are not meant for flying. What appears to be feathers at a distance is actually a series of wickedly sharp blades.

When not in use they are tightly folded along the back making them undetectable under normal clothing.

Reasons why this idea is good:

1. Visually very dramatic.

2. Both angelic and demonic at the same time.

3. Makes for some cool action sequences with the hero dancing around shredding opponents with fell sweeps of his supernatural appendages.
Old 11-11-2003, 09:37 PM   #39
GForce

Favorite weapons, eh? Well check out INFRAMAN:

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/reviews/super_inframan.htm

A little sniplet from the link:
"Lucky for us, the earth has the good Professor Liu Yingde (Wang Hsieh) on its side as well as the courageous hero Rayma (Danny Lee) to combat the awesome power of Princess Elzibub's forces. To save humanity, Rayma undergoes a highly experimental procedure that transforms him into Hong Kong's answer to the Six Million Dollar Man, the bug-eyed, red-suited superhero known as Inframan. In this cybernetic form, Rayma possesses such powers as x-ray vision, flight, and the ability to enlarge at will (insert joke here). With such impressive weaponry as Thunder Fists, Lethal Kicks, and the Ultraman-like "Sun Ja" move at his disposal, Inframan seems more than ready to take down the monster terrorists. Plenty of "men-in-suits" ass kicking ensues as Inframan dispatches his Godzilla-like opponents one by one."

Anyone remember or heard of him? He's the coolest of the cool. The cyborg with all the weapons to slice, dice, thrash, trash, slam, and blast. Too bad this was a super B movie but there have been other similar superheroes like Jet Jaguar, Guyver, Ultraman, etc.

Old 11-12-2003, 02:32 AM   #40
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Since I am a PnP freak, just hand me dual Holy Avenger Short Swords...