Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2003, 07:45 AM   #1
Jorath Calar
Harper

Ugh, About 3 months ago I met a girl... who basicly is the greatest girl in the world... [img]smile.gif[/img] I fell so much in love with her and for some strange reason she also fell in love with me... how ever... she is from Germany and she told me she was here only for a short visit, but she'll be back in august...and is going to livehere for at least a year, so we decided not to make any commitments until then. But somehow I still managed to feel so attached to her.
So now it's been 3 weeks since she left and even if I talk to her almost everyday on Icq, and at least once a week on the phone, I miss her so damn much. and I won't see her for almost 6 months... and lots of things can happen in 6 months right?

Long distance relationships suck
Old 02-07-2003, 08:44 AM   #2
The Hierophant
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Ah, the hegemony of the human hormone [img]smile.gif[/img]
The next six months will seem like forever for you. But in the grand scheme of things it's no time at all. Just hang in there buddy
Old 02-07-2003, 08:52 AM   #3
Mojo
Elminster

I'm guessing she's probably going through the same as you, and I'm willing to bet that you couldn't imagine yourself with anyone else right now, am I correct? If that's true, and she is feeling the same as you, then I can't think of anything that could come between you in 6 months.

They do say (whoever "they" are) that absense makes the heart grow fonder. Just think of how happy you'll be when you see her again [img]smile.gif[/img]

Or, you could do what I did at Christmas and go see her, although I imagine going to Germany would be a lot harder...
Old 02-07-2003, 09:13 AM   #4
realbinky
Elminster

Don't get crazy, or when you do get back together, you both will have so much pressure on it and expect so much it'll backfire. Take it easy, keep in touch, 1 day at a time. I know how you feel: when I met my wife, before she was my wife, we were in college and after 3 weeks I went to Europe for 2 months for school, it was agony. I just picked up when I got back, but I didn't expect more or less, even though we talked and wrote the whole time.
Old 02-07-2003, 09:59 AM   #5
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yeah, it's kinda the test of true love. If both of you can wait 6 months, then it's real. If you go into the "if you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with" syndrome, it's not real, just overactive hormones, IMHO.
Old 02-07-2003, 04:31 PM   #6
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Two thoughts to offer on the relativity of time...

The length of a minute depends on which side of the bathroom door you find yourself...

Supposedly according to Albert Einstein, "Put your hand on a hot stove, and a minute feels like an hour. Spend time with someone you really care about, and an hour feels like a minute. That's relativity."
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 02-07-2003, 06:40 PM   #7
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

German women have something in them. [img]smile.gif[/img] You see, I couldn´t believe the coincidence when I saw this. I happen to be in a long distance relationship with a german woman as well. It harder than french kissing cobra sometimes, and requires a lot from both.

We haven´t seen for 6 months now, but I´m planning to go to germany in April.

Six months.. yes a long time it seems.. but time will fly if you just keep yourself busy.

[ 02-07-2003, 06:43 PM: Message edited by: NiceWorg ]
Old 02-08-2003, 09:02 AM   #8
Jorath Calar
Harper

Ah thats nice to hear Worg... [img]smile.gif[/img] And well if what you wrote is true then these 6 months will pass by fast because we are both too busy to go for a visit earlier that August... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good luck to you too [img]smile.gif[/img]

And the rest of you guys thanks for your advice [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-08-2003, 10:33 AM   #9
ladyannkris
Welcomed New User

Question Mark

I know very good, what you feel!
Friendsickness is horrible!!!!! Im a german girl and at the moment Im in Brasil Im so long from everybody and Im missing them so much! Where is the german girl from. I live in a little city near hannover! Maybe she lives near me....
You ll feel this pain all the time, but you ll try to manage it as Im trying to do, wont you. This will only make your love stronger!
Old 02-08-2003, 03:21 PM   #10
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyannkris:
I know very good, what you feel!
Friendsickness is horrible!!!!! Im a german girl and at the moment Im in Brasil Im so long from everybody and Im missing them so much! Where is the german girl from. I live in a little city near hannover! Maybe she lives near me....
You ll feel this pain all the time, but you ll try to manage it as Im trying to do, wont you. This will only make your love stronger!
OMG!! [img]smile.gif[/img] My girlfriend lives in a little city near Hannover.. does Garbsen sound familiar to you?

[ 02-08-2003, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: NiceWorg ]