Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-11-2001, 10:02 AM   #31
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Alas, if only Ricky Ponting had been dropped after India...

------------------
Old 06-11-2001, 10:19 AM   #32
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I have to admit, my thoughts after the England innings were "OK, we bowled porly, but that is a good pitch with a small outfield, I think the are about 20 runs short of what they need".

I also admit that I was starting to get a tad nervous with 7 balls to go, but those tiny boundaries you guys have over there came to the rescue in the end. Pity it was so late at night that I couldn't celebrate with a Cider . I am looking forward to the tests a lot more, and will be glad to see the end of the "hit and giggle" stuff. Hey, if they (the tests) don't start until July 5th, and I fly over there on August 12, I must be there somewhere about the last test match. Better look it up on this thing called the internet. Don't worry Donut, I will show dear Memmie how to use it ROFLOLWP.

------------------
Old 06-12-2001, 06:52 AM   #33
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

How dare this thread fall to page 2 the angels wont be able to find their favorite game!

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-12-2001, 07:23 AM   #34
Donut
Jack Burton

Queensland Presidents XV 6, British & Irish Lions 83

I must admit that at half time and the score at 6-10 I was wondering what was going on but the second half turned out nicely. Five tries from Jason Robinson won't be enough to get him a starting place in the test team.

Trying to keep up with live cricket and rugby at the same time is really difficult.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-12-2001, 07:32 AM   #35
merc widowmaker
Dungeon Master

I love rugby !!
SA is the greatest rugby side ever.
All Blacks and Aussies arnt bad either. The northern hemisphere could do with some practice. The French have great style, but style doesnt win. The brits dont give their hearts to the game and will always be second best with that attitude !

------------------

Nobody tells me what to do, not even me !
Old 06-12-2001, 07:54 AM   #36
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by merc widowmaker:
I love rugby !!
SA is the greatest rugby side ever.
All Blacks and Aussies arnt bad either. The northern hemisphere could do with some practice. The French have great style, but style doesnt win. The brits dont give their hearts to the game and will always be second best with that attitude !

Merc, I'm glad you love rugby. Your comments would have been spot on about 6 years ago but things have changed since. S Africa are not the power they once were and the Australians are the world champions (SPITS).

In the past 12 months England have beaten Australia and South Africa (twice including one in SA). If you can get to see any of the upcoming matches in Australia you will see that the Brits and the Irish can play the game with the hearts of LIONS!!

BTW - if there are any Americans left on this thread , England A play USA A on tuesday in Berkeley, California and on Saturday there is a full international between England and the USA Eagles in San Francisco.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 06-12-2001, 10:16 AM   #37
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

I may be american but I dont cheer for a hopeless cause. I root for manu samoa, nz all blacks, and..hell even japan after they bought off all those kiwi's the small leagues have better fights though

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-12-2001, 06:12 PM   #38
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Queensland Presidents XV 6, British & Irish Lions 83
I must admit that at half time and the score at 6-10 I was wondering what was going on but the second half turned out nicely.
A little worried at half time Donut, this was against a team of schoolboys and amateurs. There were a total of 3 guys that played super 12 rugby for Queensland, and they were reserve or bit part players in Super 12. T'would have been embarrassing as hell to lose to that combo, and at half time that looked a distinct possibility. Almost asked how the last cricket game went (heard as I woke up that someone lost by two runs, but honestly don't know who), but I heard there's this thing called the internet that I can look it up on .

------------------
Old 06-12-2001, 06:19 PM   #39
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Gee, just looked up the match report - 46 off 10 overs with wickets in hand - how did you guys lose it from there????? There is only one word that comes to mind - NOOSE!!!!!!

------------------
Old 06-12-2001, 06:43 PM   #40
Shakir Do'Urden
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i follow Rugby (although I think its a barbaric sport) If you ask me the only reason the Aussies won. was casue they got LUCKY. The Maories should have won that game.

------------------
I will Slay you all