Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-02-2004, 09:45 AM   #11
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

My wife and I used to play on the RP Forum, but it got to be no fun, so we quit.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:29 AM   #12
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Occasionally I get together to play with my brother and few others under the old 1E version, but the best DM I ever played under in the early 80s now comes out for his annual Christmas visit and we are playing a 3.5 version of the Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil. Its a blast because we spend 4 or 5 straight days of play and then time stop for a whole year. Basically I don't have the timethe rest of the year for P&P RPGs but it is my favorite form of RPG play.
Old 12-02-2004, 11:41 AM   #13
philip
Galvatron

Is there anyone who plays with the 3rd or 3.5 supplement 'Unearthed Arcana'? I just built a battle sorcerer from it and he rocks. Also it gave me some great ideas for a little campaign. I'd really like it to be sort of a dark adventure and all those insanity and evil stuff in there is cool. Also does anyone like the Book of vile darkness? From the description I liked it but when I saw it in the shop I was kind of dissapointed but I might have missed things by looking quickly through it.

<-- I'm Lord Soth now, great character from Dragonlance [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2004, 12:17 PM   #14
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Well, I don't have too terribly much experience with 3rd or 3.5 ed D&D...we are sticklers for 2nd, around here...or at least I am, and that makes my PCs behave similarly. I think, right now, my favorite system that we play would have to be Star Wars d20...though we don't play the revised edition...I might incoporate some of the revised stuff into the campaigns, like damage resistances, and such...

I also am steadily growing to genuinely enjoy the Palladium Megaverse. To those who aren't familiar, its a whole smattering of parallel dimensions, and the rules are all identical...thus, if you can come up with a reason for interdimensional travel (and the game encourages it with all sorts of rifts) then you can have basically any character in any time frame...

I could go on and on about it, but really, I'm just curious if anyone besides Drew and me actively play it.

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 12-02-2004, 05:24 PM   #15
Cyril Darkcloud
Lord Soth

Ilander, back in the 80s my gaming group tried some of the original Palladium materials as a change of pace from our regular 1st edition AD&D gaming sessions although we never really pursued it beyond that and I can't say that I'm familiar with the Megaverse.

While I'm familiar with both the 2nd and 3rd edition D&D systems, I'm still very much a 1st edition gamer as my friends and myself greatly prefer 1st edition over the later variants. I've also enjoyed playing the Chaosium Call of Cthulhu RPG. These days, however, most of my gaming takes place here on the IW Roleplay Forums which I've consistently found to be a very enjoyable experience.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:14 PM   #16
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I RP online, but not irl. Honestly, I think I prefer the aspect of writing as opposed to talking - although, either works, I suppose. Both are different mediums. But then again, I think its a matter of personal taste and both are good.

So yes, I RP on the RP Forum here (and on a couple of others).

As to LARPing - no, just no [img]tongue.gif[/img] - although I have to respect that fact that those people are willing to go out and make fools of themselves. Or at least, perceived by others to be such.
Old 12-02-2004, 06:22 PM   #17
Thoran
Galvatron

Well as far as PnP goes my wife and I play Shadowrun and Ars Magica with friends. We try to play twice a month but it's tough, we're all spread out across upstate NY.
Old 12-03-2004, 12:06 AM   #18
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Yeah, Thoran, I can understand that. Our group is spread out over Kentucky and Ohio, with very busy schedules. Hopefully, we might be able to start playing regularly, now. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-03-2004, 01:16 AM   #19
Landon Contressior
Dungeon Master

I haven't RPGed since ... i can't really remember. It has been quite some time though. I don't play anymore b/c i don't have any books and i am so not into the whole"typing" method. There is nothing wrong with it, i just dont like. I am horrible with spelling and Not real discriptive. Not to mention no one here plays. But i an trying to get a New V:TM session going with my roommate. I just need the book and dice. but i dont have these items of which i require.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:04 AM   #20
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Sadly it has been awhile since I played pen and paper D&D, the usual gamers scattered after high-school and so it made things a tad more difficult. So now when we get together we go pub-crawling instead