Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 10-29-2004, 01:09 AM   #11
Aerich
Lord Ao

LOL, johnny. Are you going to have really bad indigestion about all this until the next time the Yankees win the Series?

It'll be interesting to see who exactly gets the boot after all this. I've seen pictures of Steinbrunner a few times since the legendary loss, and he REALLY looks like he has indigestion.
Old 10-29-2004, 08:48 AM   #12
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Dunno who gets the boot, but i sent Steinbrenner an e-mail and advised him to buy Pedro Martinez and Kurt Schilling. At least that's a start.
Old 10-29-2004, 05:22 PM   #13
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Just friggin' awesome.

Remember when the Yanks beat the Sox last year but won lost the World Series, and all we had to hear about was "how the Sox wore them down." Didn't seem to bother the Red Sox after a 7 game series with the Skanks.

CONGRATS SOX!!

~A grateful New Yorker. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-29-2004, 06:06 PM   #14
SecretMaster
Apophis

Eh. At first, I wanted the yanks to win. But Bostom came through, and they won my respect. Glad they won, now all we need to see is the cubs beat the curse.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:06 PM   #15
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
from Crunchyfrogg

Remember when the Yanks beat the Sox last year but won lost the World Series
Why make it a multiple choice question, isn't it sad enough as it is ?
Old 10-29-2004, 11:36 PM   #16
SecretMaster
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:

Remember when the Yanks got into every world series and lost pitifully since 2001?
Old 10-30-2004, 01:24 AM   #17
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Davros:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Bah, all Red Sox fans should be banned until someone else wins the title again.

And the other good thing (apart from Boston winning [img]smile.gif[/img] ) is all the sore and bitter Yankees fans who know how close they came to greatness and to keeping the curse alive . Games 4 and 5 of the ALCS saw the Sox on death row there a couple of times. How bitter it must be to the Yanks . [/QUOTE]Ouch! Davros nailed one!

Hey, even here in Natick, just a ten minute drive to Fenway, I saw a few Yankee fans at the mall proudly sporting thier team's gear the day after the Sox won the ALCS. Kudos to some of them for learning how to keep the spirit alive even in the face of bitter game seven defeat- something they must have learned from Sox fans over the years. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-30-2004, 01:41 AM   #18
krunchyfrogg
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
quote:
Originally posted by krunchyfrogg:

Remember when the Yanks got into every world series and lost pitifully since 2001? [/QUOTE]Funny, I thought it was San Francisco and Anaheim in the World Series in 2002.