Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-30-2004, 06:25 AM   #21
Azeral
Manshoon

Or what if Intrepid has winamp set up the ways he likes it. what is the point of changing if it works perfectly.

[ 11-30-2004, 06:32 AM: Message edited by: Azeral ]
Old 11-30-2004, 06:39 AM   #22
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Azeral:
Or what if Intrepid has winamp set up the ways he likes it. what is the point of changing if it works perfectly.
To "work perfectly" is hardly a black-and-white issue. There can be fixes for subtle bugs that you don't notice until they are fixed. You can find that a function works well, but on upgrading it works better. Not every bugfix is to prevent a crash when you do x, y, and z.
Old 11-30-2004, 11:21 AM   #23
philip
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Intrepid:
And hypothetically.... what if (God forbid) i use it to play music and not internet radio?
am i worried about a potential succeptability here behing my firewall?
If you don't authorize any connection from the internet to it you should be fine. As soon as you add it to a safe list and click a wrong link you're done. But I think you could also just set the autohide extensions future off so you see what you're trying to open.
Old 11-30-2004, 03:33 PM   #24
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Frig me....

I have WinAmp 743.342! YEA I ROCK!!!

Hmmm.... If it plays music, it does the job. I'm a Media Player User [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-02-2004, 08:24 AM   #25
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by LennonCook:
quote:
Originally posted by Azeral:
To "work perfectly" is hardly a black-and-white issue. There can be fixes for subtle bugs that you don't notice until they are fixed. You can find that a function works well, but on upgrading it works better. Not every bugfix is to prevent a crash when you do x, y, and z. [/QUOTE]just stop arguing
i don't care
i'm not upgrading
you telling me to constantly do stuff like this only gives me a headache. I'm not going to upgrade.
Please don't reply to this with "yes you should, because you are right, and blah blah, windows in genral is so bad, blah." I'm not going to change.
Anyway yeah, don't take that the wrong way, i'm not angry, buy you do say things like this a bit too much for my liking.
Old 12-02-2004, 08:40 PM   #26
LennonCook
Jack Burton

This vulnerability has apparently been fixed in version 5.07 . Secunia have yet to confirm this, though.
Old 12-02-2004, 10:03 PM   #27
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
just stop arguing
i don't care
i'm not upgrading
you telling me to constantly do stuff like this only gives me a headache. I'm not going to upgrade.
Please don't reply to this with "yes you should, because you are right, and blah blah, windows in genral is so bad, blah." I'm not going to change.
Anyway yeah, don't take that the wrong way, i'm not angry, buy you do say things like this a bit too much for my liking.
Maybe you don't care, but most of do. I'm happy that LennonCook is contributing to the forum by warning us when a new bug/exploit is found.

I see no reason to leave a weakness that can give total control of my computer to just about anyone with some knowledge if I can avoid it...

I wish we had more usefull members like him around here.
Old 12-04-2004, 02:08 PM   #28
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Because Intrepid clearly stated his media player worked fine, and was happy with it, and didnt want to change it.

And lennon continued to persistantly go on.

I'm not taking sides - Don't hate me... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-05-2004, 06:14 AM   #29
Intrepid
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Luvian:
quote:
just stop arguing
i don't care
i'm not upgrading
Maybe you don't care, but most of do. I'm happy that LennonCook is contributing to the forum by warning us when a new bug/exploit is found.

I see no reason to leave a weakness that can give total control of my computer to just about anyone with some knowledge if I can avoid it...

I wish we had more usefull members like him around here.
[/QUOTE]When text is quoted, it usually means a member is responding to something the quoted member posted, my post regarding the "pestering" was after my text was quoted, which i took to mean lennon was responding to sometihng i had said, and if you read back on the posts Azeral seems to believe the same by the sounds of his post.
Also i am friends with lennon in reality, so i don't mean any harm by what i said, and i hope it wasn't misunderstood, if so i apologise.