Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-18-2001, 10:54 PM   #1
buckshot23
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I just bought the game and would like everyones opinions. What is the best character class to play BG2? Multi-Class? Let me know.
Old 06-18-2001, 10:55 PM   #2
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

well, fer a beginner like yerself, id suggest the Fighter/Mage. of course, thats just my opinion, its infallible! however, you should at least skim the other responses, for they might give you some ideas as well. and welcome to the boards.

------------------
I'll kidnap ya fer 100, reprogram ya fer 300, and kill ya fer 500! Oh come one! I'll throw in the killin' fer 250!
Old 06-18-2001, 11:04 PM   #3
ScottG
Drow Warrior

I wrote a "small" post on this a couple days ago. But really there aren't any I would say were bad as long as you had other char.s to take up the slack where your player char. is lacking.
Old 06-18-2001, 11:08 PM   #4
Tananda
Elminster

Buckshot23, welcome to the forum!

It's my opinion that there is no "best" class in the game - everything depends on gaming style. May be you can tell us what character do you prefer - do you like to cast spells or to be formidable swordsman? Eagle-eyed ranger with strong bow or well-hidden thief that searches all the kinds of traps? There are too many possibilities. Also - do you like your character to be on the front line or position somewhere in the back is enough?

And forgetting about all the roleplaying staff I would recommend to become a fighter - the game wouldn't too difficult this way for the new player.

Anyway, good luck! And tell us about your choice

------------------
Tanda,
with best regards from Guild of Assassins
Old 06-18-2001, 11:13 PM   #5
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

If you are new to the Baldur's Gate games or Bioware-powered games in general, I would suggest a simple character, like a Barbarian or Berserker (Fighter); no dual or multi-class. This will give you a feel for how the game is played.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Old 06-19-2001, 12:27 AM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

It depends on how you like to play.
Personally I believe that a lot of us when we first started playing was to choose the default fighter, then move on to mage and so on and so forth(in reference to those who have never played the PnP game of course).
Fighters are nice, and I personally started out with a Kensai because I was really excited about the class even before BG2 came out.
If you like to take things slow and easy, use a Thief. If you prefer to go at it full-on, use a Fighter. If you like both, use a Monk
And if you like a tough early game but an easy end game, use a Mage. IF you like an easy early game but a slightly tougher end game, use a Sorceror.
If you like to sit back and huddle in a shell like a turtle, use a Cleric. If you want to be absolutely useless, choose a Bard (hah just joking Bard fans)

------------------
Why?