Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 07:24 PM   #1
Brystal Blades
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is there a way to get to the west side of the West lands without going thru the shrine? If the shrine is the only way it kinda defeats the purpose of the quests since the magic shoppe quests have seed b4 the aegis. if Shrine is the only way then you lose the aegis quest since thats the one that is for entering the shrine???????

Brystal Blades
lvl 14 Assassin of the Shadows
Brystal Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 07:34 PM   #2
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

If no one has said it yet, Welcome to the Board Brystal!

There are a couple of ways to get to the West side without going through the Shrine. The most reliable way (but not necessarily the easiest way) is to "tree surf." You go to the gates of Brimloch Roon on the dock side, look up, and keep walking into the gate. If your character has a high athletic skill, you can climb the gate. Then you keep climbing/walking/jumping over the trees. Head south and west, keeping an eye on your map until you are west of Talrik's area. Then head north and west and you should be able to jump off into the west side.

Another way is to use the vanish spell. go to the far west area and move along the western border until you can see the either ocean or sand on the other side of the trees on your map. Pressing yourself as close as you can to the trees, cast vanish on one of your own characters. If the wall of trees is thin enough, you should appear on the other side.

Either way, be sure to have create portal, teleport, and call of home spells. Not all portals work in the western area, so create a portal, move away and then teleport to it to test it.

You may not have to go to the western area. In one game, I found some bark horrors near Talrik's ship. I was able to get some seeds then.

Good Luck,
Knarfling

If you have create portal and call of home, you can set up a portal and then get back whenever you need to.
Knarfling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 08:56 PM   #3
Brystal Blades
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thx Knarf =) not sure if I have the skill high enough but I will try =)
Brystal Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 10:04 PM   #4
mikeyg123
The Magister

Knarfling i thought i was the only arizonian here on board

------------------
"if u dont like sex,.... get out of the kitchen!!!"
mikeyg123 is offline   Reply With Quote