Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 12:38 AM   #1
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

When I went through I went the normal path that most people take through the dungeons: Crypt, Serpent Temple, Shurugeon, Stout Mines, Boogre Prison. However, when I arrived in the Boogre Prison, I realized how horribly awful it was. I couldn't get through it, I died in the shocker rooms. So, I reloaded outside of the Boogre Prison. Then I skipped it, resolving to come back later. So, I headed on and on, all the way through collasium then I suddenly realized that the only place left to go was Cet's Pyramid and remembered that I hadn't done the Boogre Prison yet! So, I left Brimloch Roon, set a portal just outside, and trudged on to the Boogre Prison. Now, with the levels that my characters had gained and the traits and spells they had acquired, I realized that Boogreland was much easier, in fact, almost a cinch. Even the Jungle Lilies weren't that much trouble. And there is no need to go to the Boogre Prison early anyway. Except for one Pawnshop quest item and to complete a Bushi Dojo quest. But those can be completed later too! So, if you want the hardest part of the game to become much easier, go to boogre land later! Maybe not as late as me, but later nonetheless. It really is much simpler that way.

-Jafin
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 12:48 AM   #2
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

hated the shocker rooms AND the jungle lilies...

here's my order:
crypt
serpent temple
castle
mines
spire
boorge... so far...
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 04:40 AM   #3
Traute
The Magister

I always do Boogre Prison after Shurugeon because of the guild quests. I just drop in at the Mines before that (even while I'm doing Shurugeon) to get the Invitation quest done and to find Jathil on my way there, so that everyone can get the important skills available at Priest guild/Warrior's guild lvl 5. Boogre Prison has the solution to four guild quests: The Idol of Aku, Grunaxe, the Band of Boars and the Doshi Gin quest. I like to get up my guild lvls asap, because they're so much more powerful after getting the better skills.

Traute
Traute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 05:58 PM   #4
Davros
Takhisis Follower

And of course, the Tome of Wind is in there if you want a Zenmaster

Cheers
Davros
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 10:25 PM   #5
Tananda
Elminster

Traute,
It's my way too - Boogre Prison after Shurugeon Castle
And I hate shocking rooms&Jungle Lilies, of course. Actually I hate whole Boogre Prison(mainly because of ugly appearance of my party ).
But all the guild quests, Tome of Wind, Golden Lamp, Evil Eye and Hag's Stick (cursed but still not bad) are worth all that torment...

------------------
Sincerely Yours,
Tanda
Tananda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 12:48 AM   #6
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Yes, I've always done either the Boogres or Stouts after Shurugeon Castle.

It would be interesting to do the crypt, followed by the Stout mines, the Boogre Cave, the Serpent Temple and then the Castle !
Ryanamur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2001, 06:44 AM   #7
Catharsis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The path I've followed, so far:
- Gained a few levels, then finished the Crypt
- Went straight to Ishad N'ha, fought around for some more levels in the midlands, then finished the Temple
- Made my characters really strong (Which took about 7 days of just fighting monsters in the midlands), then went and completed the Boogre Prison

This ended up making the Boogre Prison very easy to complete. I've still got to go talk to Grunaxe's ghost, I went through it so fast that I forgot to look for him!
Catharsis is offline   Reply With Quote