Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-27-2003, 09:52 PM   #1
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Everytime the game tries to read a music file from the HD, the game crashes. So I turned off all the music I could, which isnīt more than the main theme, I think. Works better, but it still crashes when dying or leveling up (thatīs right, I cannot level up). Is there anyway to turn the theme musics off?

If not, could some wonderful soul send me these files to purpendicular19@hotmail.com : MW_death & MW_triumph. Theyīd most likely function better than mine. Iīd be mighty, mighty grateful. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-28-2003, 04:52 AM   #2
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Have you tried a new install of the game and have you installed all available patches of Morowind (and your expansion(s), if you have any? Also do you use Mods? Maybe it is a good idea, to try the game without any mod and see, if the problem remains.
Are all your drivers (sound, graphics,...) the newest ones?

Chris
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2003, 07:54 AM   #3
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris77Se:
Have you tried a new install of the game and have you installed all available patches of Morowind (and your expansion(s), if you have any? Also do you use Mods? Maybe it is a good idea, to try the game without any mod and see, if the problem remains.
Are all your drivers (sound, graphics,...) the newest ones?

Chris
The game version is 1.0.0.417, I havenīt installed any updates because they don't seem to function. And I donīt use mods either. I only recently updates all my drivers.. but when I listen the files with MP, they sound awful or don't play at all, I suspect the files are corrupted someway. Maybe replacing them helps.
Old 09-28-2003, 10:13 AM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Install the updates. They work inspite of the error message that appears at the end of the installation. As far as the sound. It seems like a corrupt sound file. Something I've found Morrowind to have a nafarious propensity for. I fixed it by getting a working file from someone here at ironworks and putting it in the folder with the corrupt file. Never could delete the messed up sound file, some kind of protection on it. But the game read the good file rather than the bad and all went smoothly. A reinstall may also be a reasonable though tedious solution.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 12:57 PM   #5
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by Firestormalpha:
Install the updates. They work inspite of the error message that appears at the end of the installation. As far as the sound. It seems like a corrupt sound file. Something I've found Morrowind to have a nafarious propensity for. I fixed it by getting a working file from someone here at ironworks and putting it in the folder with the corrupt file. Never could delete the messed up sound file, some kind of protection on it. But the game read the good file rather than the bad and all went smoothly. A reinstall may also be a reasonable though tedious solution.
Ok, Iīve done it all, but the problem remains. If some kind soul could send me those two aforementioned files, Iīd be... yes, MIGHTY grateful.
Old 09-29-2003, 04:00 PM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Another possibility might be that you downloaded the incorrect driver for your respective sound card. Check the makers website to be absolutely certain. If you didn't have any problems before the updates to your drivers, try switching back. P.S. what operating system do you work with. It would give us all some idea as to what specifically might be wrong, or what you can do to fix it.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2003, 08:07 PM   #7
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

I've sent you those files buddy, but I'm not sure if that will sort it for ya.
Old 09-29-2003, 09:06 PM   #8
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
I've sent you those files buddy, but I'm not sure if that will sort it for ya.
They did the job, those files were corrupted. Many thanks! Take a beer
Old 09-30-2003, 12:12 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

You got both files okay? For some reason my yahoo email told me there was a delivery failure after I sent it. Weirdness, but am glad you sorted it [img]smile.gif[/img] .

[ 09-30-2003, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: SpiritWarrior ]
Old 09-30-2003, 08:08 PM   #10
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by SpiritWarrior:
You got both files okay? For some reason my yahoo email told me there was a delivery failure after I sent it. Weirdness, but am glad you sorted it [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Yeah, there must have been because I forgot to clean up some space and the files exceeded my accounts capacity. They arrived neverthless. [img]smile.gif[/img]