Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-11-2003, 07:30 AM   #1
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

If you create a contant fortify endurance enchantment on an item. your hit points will NOT increased. Is this a bug?

This also apply to any item that got constant fortify endurance enchantment that you found/receive in your adventures. eg, Helm of Dreyn Bearclaw.

has anybody notice this?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 12:41 PM   #2
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

IIRC, it is not a bug, but it is a feature. For hit points gained at a new level only the "real" endurance-stat is used. Same should be with magicka.

Chris
Chris77Se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2003, 02:59 PM   #3
B_part
Quintesson

That's the same for fortify skills spells or items: I tried to get an advancement in the imperial cult using a mysticism +5 item, which increased my skill enough to meet the requirements. I was rejected, meaning that the base skill point is used.
Old 02-11-2003, 06:54 PM   #4
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I've just tested this, constant fortify intelligence enchantment item WILL increase your magicka.

however, this does not apply to constant fortify endurance enchantment item. when you wear such item your hp will not increase. this I say is a bug.
Old 02-12-2003, 04:32 AM   #5
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

I woould not say, that this is a bug. Magicka is increased by a constant multiplier depending on your race and birthsign. Thus, if you use the item, the magicka is increased, if you remove it, you lose it again.

Health is increased at level-advance by dividing the endurance-stat by 10 and adding this to your health (with fraction rounded mathematically).
If you use now an item with constant effect, you have to keep track, at wich level advances you used it and how many additional health points it gave you, in case, you remove it again.

IMO, because of the different calculations of magicka and health, it is a wanted effect.

Chris
Old 02-12-2003, 07:30 AM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

hmm..maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am level 78. my endurance is max 100. My total hit points is 787.

okay, I got helm of dreyn bearclaw which got a constant fortify endurance 40. when I wear it. my endurance is up into 140. but my hit points is still 787. ie no change at all.

so this is why I say it is bugged.
Old 02-12-2003, 12:33 PM   #7
Rhea
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
hmm..maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am level 78. my endurance is max 100. My total hit points is 787.

okay, I got helm of dreyn bearclaw which got a constant fortify endurance 40. when I wear it. my endurance is up into 140. but my hit points is still 787. ie no change at all.

As someone said above, your hit points are only increased at level up, so unless you've levelled up and they *still* haven't increased, it's not a bug.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2003, 03:38 PM   #8
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:

Yes, and I understood it exactly this way. But an increase in endurance even at a new level doesn´t have an effect on the health increases of the previous levels. My Nightblade has a endurance of 44, i.e 4 health at each level increase. If I would raise the stat to 46, the next increase I would get 5 more health, but only for the level, I just gained. So, the other ones with the +4 increase are untouched. Thus, a higher endurance stat only has an effect on the actual new level, but leaves the old ones untouched. So, no chance, to get higher health in between levels.
Another question is, if you attain a new level with your fortified stat. But my gess is, that only the basic stat without fortification is used for the health increase.

As I pointed out in my other post, magicka is calculated completely different, it is just your Int stat multiplied with a 1.5 (or more, depending on race and birthsign).

This is, why I say, this is no bug, but wanted [img]smile.gif[/img]

Greetings

Chris
Old 02-12-2003, 07:24 PM   #9
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

OIC, I understand it clearly now. so constant fortify endurance do not increase your hp.

thanks for enlightening me.

[ 02-12-2003, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: Kakero ]
Old 02-13-2003, 09:08 PM   #10
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

what would be the best constant effect item?