Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 12-16-2000, 10:44 PM   #1
Elowin
Welcomed New User

I don't think I ever worked so long and hard for one quest before. Naga is dead, I'm through the elevator mess and have it all mapped out--and I have the mask and a cursed staff. Now for some loose-ends:

Is there any way to permanently remove the curse on an otherwise really decent staff?

Anything more to do with the Arcane Prisoner?

How about that rotting corpse on the alter just before climbing out. It registers as if it wants something--blue target?

Thank you. Shall I just move right along?
Elowin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 10:51 PM   #2
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you have the mask, nothing else is required. The serpent wand is (they say) useful with the gypsies. [Is that right folks?]. No way to uncurse the staff, but use it anyway. I would move along.
thoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2000, 01:00 PM   #3
tritone

If I'm not mistaken, the bard quest requires you to return to Kreug's library in the temple to get the Scroll of Trickery. Is that right? I'm not sure cos I don't have anyone doing the quest at the moment.
Old 12-17-2000, 01:42 PM   #4
Lily the Ranger

Tritone . . . yes, yes, yes.
Old 12-17-2000, 01:44 PM   #5
Lily the Ranger

And there is a guild quest for all first time thieve's guild characters to bring back 10 serpent temple coins . . . Don't sell them unless you are willing to pay more to get them back.
Old 12-17-2000, 02:40 PM   #6
Elowin
Welcomed New User

Yes, I have done all applicable quests mentioned and started exploring west of Ishad N'Ha where we have met up with a game-stopper Amazon Mindtrap type creature. Thanks for the confirmation on the Temple of the Serpent Cult. Please see my new post about this Amazon monster. I am still in a very bad W&W gaming mood over this latest problem.
Old 12-18-2000, 12:00 AM   #7
Dr. Bob
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read somewhere that one of the four tomes was in the Serpent Temple. Is this true? I finished the temple long ago, and I don't recall getting that. I just finished the Boogre Caves and I now have one tome (Wind?). But that's it. I only have that one tome in any character's inventory, and it doesn't seem as though I sold it to any of the shops by mistake. Can someone tell me where in the Serpent Temple this tome is located so I can go back and look for it? Thanks. If I don't find it, does that mean I must've dropped it somewhere by mistake and I'm now screwed?
Dr. Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2000, 12:24 AM   #8
Elowin
Welcomed New User

In the Serpent Temple when you place the serpent statuette on its pedestal a new area is revealed--not the up/down floor bit. But in any case either I think the tome is found here. And in any case you aren't screwed regardless of where you dropped or disposed of the book since items of this sort don't seem to disappear from the game. I lay my excess items in the grass outside a city gate and nothing has disappeared yet--that is items you cannot sell at least. Items I can sell or give away to a wizard or blacksmith in town I do that way and buy back later if I think I need them. Good luck.
Old 12-18-2000, 07:35 AM   #9
cameron

hi there, since you have all finished the serpents temple...could someone please tell me where I can find the incense to open the gate in the temple?

thanks

CaM
Old 12-18-2000, 11:52 AM   #10
Elowin
Welcomed New User

Somewhere in that place there is a "mechanical serpent"/statue that has a coin slot in its base which dispenses one and only one set of incense cones.