Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-08-2002, 12:00 PM   #1
Horatio
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The orifice in my face where my tongue and teeth spend their day. It has made you laugh, swear at my appaling use of grammar, and weep at my insolence of the outside world. Well, today it messed up again.
I have been with my girlfriend for a year. It's been fine. We've had some good times. But recently...well, it hasn't been so great. So, I sit her down for coffee at a cafe. I look in to her eyes, explain my feelings. Then I utter 4 terrible words.
"I'm not having fun"
Why? Oh god, the look of absolute dispair in her eyes! I am an evil, evil person! It had been going fine up til then, with us both understanding. She ups and leaves, tears in her beutiful, innocent face. God, I feel awful.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:19 PM   #2
Deathbringer

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
The orifice in my face where my tongue and teeth spend their day. It has made you laugh, swear at my appaling use of grammar, and weep at my insolence of the outside world. Well, today it messed up again.
I have been with my girlfriend for a year. It's been fine. We've had some good times. But recently...well, it hasn't been so great. So, I sit her down for coffee at a cafe. I look in to her eyes, explain my feelings. Then I utter 4 terrible words.
"I'm not having fun"
Why? Oh god, the look of absolute dispair in her eyes! I am an evil, evil person! It had been going fine up til then, with us both understanding. She ups and leaves, tears in her beutiful, innocent face. God, I feel awful.
If you haven't allready... RING HER!

Old 07-08-2002, 12:27 PM   #3
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Although I always believe couples should be honest with each other, some subtlety should be observed when dealing with the females. But these things happen, like Deathbringer said, give her a call and explain things further and everything should be ok. Good luck.

[ 07-08-2002, 12:27 PM: Message edited by: Rimjaw ]
Old 07-08-2002, 12:36 PM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
It's not too late Horatio !
Old 07-08-2002, 12:39 PM   #5
Megabot

Send her some flower and and a nice letter( if you cant call here) and explain your feelings for here and if she love you she answer you i am sure about that, females can be strange sometimes but hey send the flowers asap Horatio and good luck and let us knove hove it goes! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 07-08-2002, 12:40 PM   #6
Horatio

For what, Johnny?
Oh, I've tried calling her, but she's not picking up. I'm debating weather to go round there but that might make things worse. I feel so awful, god knows how she's doing.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:44 PM   #7
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

A phone call would be nice, and maybe give her something specific that's on your mind instead of...I'm not having fun. A gentler approach might be I really miss ..... we don't do that very often anymore. Be specific. If you're vague she'll feel like your not happy with everything. If that's the case then as painful as it may be your both better off with someone else. Just my thoughts.
Old 07-08-2002, 12:56 PM   #8
Deathbringer

Quote:
For what, Johnny?
Oh, I've tried calling her, but she's not picking up. I'm debating weather to go round there but that might make things worse. I feel so awful, god knows how she's doing.
okay, well going around there may be risky, she may need some time alone right now, she probably thinks you aren't interested any more. Kepp trying to ring until she answers.

Or leave some flowers and a letter on her doorstep.

[ 07-08-2002, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Deathbringer ]

Old 07-08-2002, 12:57 PM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
For what, Johnny?
For making things right again i mean, and don't do it on the phone but do it face to face, trust me on this.
Old 07-08-2002, 01:41 PM   #10
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by canadianvixen:
A phone call would be nice, and maybe give her something specific that's on your mind instead of...I'm not having fun. A gentler approach might be I really miss ..... we don't do that very often anymore. Be specific. If you're vague she'll feel like your not happy with everything. If that's the case then as painful as it may be your both better off with someone else. Just my thoughts.
The love doctor has spoken !