Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2001, 02:14 PM   #21
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
You wanna know what it was like before?

It was freindly place, much mroe friendly then it is now. Not say its not friendly,but compaired to when I first came him, it makes the "new" IW seem like hell.

It was a place that no one insulted or flamed one another, at least not on a regular basses. Very little, if any, serious disscuion. It was filled with great people like Cloudy,Moni,Rudedawg,Slackerboy,Wolfie, the list gose on. It was filled with friendly conversation, people helping people. It was filled with respective points of view.

It was a place where threads could be started that wear fun. That wear creative, and no one cared.

It was a bored where people could post freely. A fourm where people could say somthing and another person wouldnt jump in and say "Thats offensive".

At least thats how I rember it.

The great thing about young people is that they always try and tell the truth, and they speak from the heart, with HONESTY.

Grand-Ranger, I salute you, mate.

------------------
Old 10-22-2001, 03:57 PM   #22
Tom
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
many people said "I need a break from here."

what they actually saying is:" I am sick of this place" "this place is different from what I knew of"

well, LET THEM! I got that feeling too, and I wasn't about to tell you guys until Cloudy decided to run off (I hope she changes her mind by now **R, R**) but she'd come back, have no doubt of that. it is like a trend thing, goes up and down from time to time. some times you just cannot stand certain things, but you will get used to it eventually. it takes time

if people want to leave, just respect their opinions and don't you lose any sleep over it. there is nothing to be worried (or feel sad) about

good luck, cloudy, and ocme back soon

in the meanwhile, people should stop bitching so strong minded about their own opinion. is it so hard to just agree? and don't say things like: "point taken, but in fact..." if point taken, then shut the **cough** up. some arguement are completely unneccissary, we all should celebrate our diversive views, not fight over them.
Your absolutley right, and people actually do follow the rulez of not caring if people leave. I mean, when i left, nobody cared. So i am not going to care if anybody leaves.

PEACE OUT!

------------------

Coffee anyone?Yes of course.
Old 10-22-2001, 04:08 PM   #23
Moni

I missed you Tom!

Nice to see you again!

------------------

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-22-2001).]

Old 10-22-2001, 10:32 PM   #24
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Well I guess I am one of those "blue board" oldies. And I have to say, for us, you must understand, things are different. We have a history, and a nice one at that, and so seeing how things have fallen since those days, is something that is noticed and felt by us said "oldies.

btw, Moni, Just out of curiosity, what did you mean by this statement you made earlier:

"But, if you choose to and the conversation doesn't go your way, your word ISN'T written in stone and you are longer worshipped the way you used to be, get over it:"

Confused on that "worship" part. So instead of flame, I instead am merely asking you to explain, OK? Who is being "worshipped"??? Please explain..

Many newbies I suppose see the Ironworks Forum as how it is right now, and consider it the "norm." But Ironworkls has a history way before that, and times were good then. Nobody disrespected eachother back then, we were all friends, and took care to be polite even if we were to disagree on a subject.

Lately, since the WTC attacks, subjects and threads have been made that has changed things somehow. Normally friendly people have started flaming, drawn "first blood" so to speak, and ultimately in some cases embarrassed themselves. Once first blood is drawn, another is offended by said attack, and retaliates.

Then because of the strife, the War forum was created, and that led to more problems which was not intended, but..., and in the end, many are taking sides, and others are leaving. Funny, the war forum lately has been just that, a WAR FORUM. I can only sit back and watch now, as I grow tired of participating for many reasons, and hope that somehow things will get better, and we will all stop arguing and say "enuf said."

To tell you the truth, I can't say how MUCH I am looking forward to Neverwinter Nights. You wanna know why? Cause that is how to me, Ironworks started for me. We all had a similar subject, e.g., Baldurs Gate II back then, and we were all playing it at the same time, and we were asking questions and just generally discussing certain aspects of the game. We all had a postitive fun subject in common, and again, basically were all helping eachother, which created many good feelings, and ultimately, real friendships, which turned out to all of us in our lives a very precious thing. But the MAIN thing was, we were all basically either asking for help, or helping eachother, which is such a cool way for us humans, foreign to eachother in many ways, to come together, us "blue boarders.". So I really hope that a game will come out, maybe NWNs, that will bring us oldies AND newbies back to the same thing, and that a similar outcome will happen as did in the past, and we can all get along again, and get a taste of past times once again, but this time around it will be many more of us together, e.g., larger family.

Guess we will see....

------------------

[This message has been edited by ladyzekke (edited 10-22-2001).]
Old 10-22-2001, 10:56 PM   #25
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Ladyzekke:
btw, Moni, Just out of curiosity, what did you mean by this statement you made earlier:

"But, if you choose to and the conversation doesn't go your way, your word ISN'T written in stone and you are longer worshipped the way you used to be, get over it:"

Confused on that "worship" part. So instead of flame, I instead am merely asking you to explain, OK? Who is being "worshipped"??? Please explain..

LadyZekke,

As I said...

Quote:

This post in no way should be considered a personal attack by me against any particular person or persons...it is opinion...my opinion regarding how people can act and react to being verbally pushed or sniped at. If anyone does take this personally, please take a step back and examine yourself before you jump on me for anything I said.

Thank you and Have a Nice day.

I hope that answers your question and sates your curiosity.

If you are still "confused", I would recommend a dictionary...look up the word "worship".

?

Goodnight...I just thought I'd stop in now that my homework is done and I'm on my way to bed.

------------------

"A book is a mirror: if an ass peers into it, you can't expect an apostle to look out"~G. C. Lichtenberg

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 10-22-2001).]

Old 10-22-2001, 10:58 PM   #26
Grand-Ranger
Galvatron

Location: Everywhere I wanna go its already where I am,cause I am already there
Quote:
Originally posted by Memnoch:
The great thing about young people is that they always try and tell the truth, and they speak from the heart, with HONESTY.

Grand-Ranger, I salute you, mate.

Wow, I was expecting you to say somthing along the lines of "Cool it,mate"

------------------

So if in the forest look behind you, because that where the ranger is going to be

Grand-Jester and Spam Monitor of Laughing Hyenas
Messenger of the Emerald Dragon

May a pregnant yak chew on your ear for all eternity.
A guitar solo is to a guitarsist is what a palette is too a painter.
"...But I look at my self as a fragile, inteligent,human being. But there is a clown inside that comes and messes it up everytime" -Jim Morrison

GO DEVILS!!!!
Old 10-23-2001, 12:14 AM   #27
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Change is inevitable because it's a thing of chaos. Humans wether good or evil live and create chaoss, so change is the only perminant thing that humans have. I rember lurking forever and reading and i have seen how IW has changed it's sad this place used to be alot friendlier.A quote from the wheel of time series exemplifies this i believe.

"The wheel of time turns, and ages come and pass, Leacing memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the age that gave it birth comes again. In one age, called the third age by some, a age yet to come, an age long past, a wind rose in the mountains of mist. The wind was not the beginning. There are neither beginnings nor endings to the turning of the wheel of time. But it was a beginning."

Humans live in patterns and when the time is right are old friends will return to us and the board will eventually become the way it was again. To all of you out their patience is all you need and a little understanding.

------------------

All blades cut, be they made from metal or wood, but the sharpest and deadliest blade is the one of knowledge.

An Archmage of the HADB
Old 10-23-2001, 12:35 AM   #28
J.J.
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
also, another thing. there is no "the way things should be" here
this place is an online community. everyday there are newcomers, and each one of them is unique and has different life experiences to contribute here. IronWorks is not built and protected by tradition. As everyone of us brings in a litte bit new things, this place is reshaped and changed. yes, IW changes so rapidly that a lot of us will feel uncomfortable

well, we all should acknowledge this as a fact: IW is shaped by us all. accpet changes, guys, it is the inevitable. the ONLY thing that should not chnage is: we all respect the rules, but thats it

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 10-22-2001).]
250, how many different ways can you say the same right thing? (just curious)

------------------
Amanda's Dad-Best Damn Job, Period.

Official Pin-Up Girl Massager of the O.L.D. C.O.O.T.S. Clan
To Err is Human To Forgive Divine, However Neither is U.S. Marine Corps Policy.
Old 10-23-2001, 12:49 AM   #29
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
250, how many different ways can you say the same right thing? (just curious)

when are you gonna adopt me as the son you never had? I am still open, you know? lol
Old 10-23-2001, 01:29 AM   #30
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
when are you gonna adopt me as the son you never had? I am still open, you know? lol
Awww... I'll take you, dear.. but you better listen to CloudMama... *shakes a finger and tries to look stern but laughs* 250, I truly could never leave anyplace that fosters the likes of you.. what a joy it has been getting to know you!

I'll post more tomorrow.. I'm really exhausted just now. I've had so many sweet mails and instant messages.. especially Ziroc's, which really touched me and and Sazerac's which I couldn't ignore..... well more tomorrow. Goodnight IW!

CloudMama, home again

ps: thanks to all of you who were in touch or posted...
------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
CloudDragon of the OHF
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."

[This message has been edited by Cloudbringer (edited 10-23-2001).]