Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-23-2000, 07:49 PM   #1
Laurence
Welcomed New User

The icon next to the map button says Dragon fire. I assume this is the Special Ability button referred to in the (?)manual(?) but it never does anything even tho' I do have some abilities eg warcry.
Is it just me? or perhaps it will come clear later??
Old 10-24-2000, 08:26 AM   #2
Laurence
Welcomed New User

Ok, sorry, found it on Activision support page and in previous post.
I think that manual was written from Bradley's design notes, not from the game we have here.
Old 10-25-2000, 01:24 PM   #3
aubietiger

I think if your character is a Lizzord this button will actually do somethin. If i remember correctly it was the same in previous Wizardry games.

Old 10-25-2000, 02:36 PM   #4
Altean

My character is Lizzord and it's not doing anything. Somehow it changed right last night for assasin to cloak of shadows button. No idea how it happened, but at least assasin now has different button and if you click it and taget your assasin and click, he will get shadow capability (icon like shadow spell). No idea how that happened, I guess it should be working for most of traits on all characters.

Old 10-25-2000, 05:02 PM   #5
DomGrrl

Once my Warlock invoked the Evil Eye, my ability button changed to an evil eye button. I haven't found any other items yet that once invoked will change the button, but I'm just now in skull castle. Stuck, I might add

Old 10-25-2000, 05:19 PM   #6
Regis
Welcomed New User

Don't remember where, but I read that this is the generic button for Special Traits which can be employed such as Evil Eye, etc. as opposed to those you may have which work automatically, such as Quick-Learner or Gold-digger, etc. Since no-one starts with an active, usable trait like these, Dragon Fire is put there as the default. In other words, it's just a place-holder until you get a Trait you can use...you can't use it unless you actually gain that Trait.
Old 10-25-2000, 10:18 PM   #7
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hi,

Not to beat this thread into the ground, but you only get the "Dragon Fire" trait from a Necklace called "The Heart of the Dragon" that you find in Skull Castle. Its no biggie, just like the Sun Magic spell, nothing much worth getting I'd say.

Scronan