Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-14-2002, 06:01 PM   #1
Gambleur
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That will be my first challenge after finishing the game the first time through - trying to solve it with less folks [img]smile.gif[/img]

I would think that two Bishops, a Fighter and a Bard would be about as low as you could go. The reason I say Fighter instead of Bard is that both are really powerful early on.

Whatdya think? Anyone tried it, or care to?

G
Gambleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 06:09 PM   #2
elbarono
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My current party is Samurai, Lord, Ranger and Bishop and it's pretty challenging. I also have RFS-81.

I had planned to work a lot on the spellcasting abilities of everyone, but have hardly had time since most chars are meleeing most of the time. The lord has been able to build up a decent amount of Divine magic but none of the other realms are developed. The Ranger has developed Air and Earth, but no others. Of course, all I really need from her is Element Shield and the Portal spells so I'm not worried too much about that. The Samurai has no magic skills/spells other than the points I put in at level-up. The whole party is at about level 14/15.

--Adam
elbarono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 08:43 PM   #3
ice3
Drow Warrior

I know that Elara is trying a solo Bishop. I don't know how far she is. At the last new she didn't leave the monastery yet. Also you level up very fast. This means you don't have much time to improve skills.
Old 02-14-2002, 09:59 PM   #4
Kinfyr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I've been playing a four character party (fighter, rogue, ninja, and bishop)with no npc's and I'm finding it too easy. After finishing Trynton I figured I would test my skills and see when I would run into trouble. Went as far as the northern wilderness (where Bela is) and it was still a joke. My characters are around 13/14 and had no trouble at all with 2 marble golems and 6 scorchers (second most powerfull ones). I've fought harder fights but I still find it kinda boring now.
Kinfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2002, 10:20 PM   #5
Lok
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i am giving solo faerie ninja a run now .. but it is hard! i run out of stamina all the time. you level up like crazy though .. i haven't even made it to the upper monastery yet and i am already level 8.
Lok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 12:36 AM   #6
Mage_77
Manshoon

Solo Fairie ninja (completed game)

Solo bishop (went from monastery - arnika - trynton - swamp - mine tunnels - marten's bluff - umpani base) then i got extremely bored since i had "ALL" spells by that stage and just quit and started a new game.
Old 02-15-2002, 12:18 PM   #7
Gambleur
Elite Waterdeep Guard

quote:
Originally posted by Mage_77:
Solo bishop (went from monastery - arnika - trynton - swamp - mine tunnels - marten's bluff - umpani base) then i got extremely bored since i had "ALL" spells by that stage and just quit and started a new game.

I'm curious, Mage_77 - how did you do your solo bishop? Did you do all four schools?

G.
Gambleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2002, 12:56 PM   #8
Mage_77
Manshoon

Gambleur:

Yes i did all 4 schools.

Started with Wizardry as Highest with alchemy as 2nd highest at start (points invested in those 2 at creation). Switched to ninja for 1 level and got my stealth skill upto (85) then switched back to bishop. Stayed at level 4 until i'd cleaned out most of the rest of the lower monastery & only partially cleaned out the upper monastery. Stayed at level 4 made my way to Arnika. Once i reached Arnika i used all my level - up's. Broughyt the spell Knock-knock off anna and worked up wizardry skill to 80, earth skill to 95+ with knock-knock. Brought all the potions i was able to & worked on alchemy skill through those then headed back to the Monastery & practiced water, alchemy & divine with the heal wounds & cure lesser cond. on the gas coffin. Then worked on Divinity with charm on burz. I went out from that point and made my way back to arnika to finish off there after i cleaered the rst of the upper monastery and then headed for tryton & so forth until i learnt mindread which i then got pisonics & mental up. Due to the high wizardry skill from arnika, i had pretty decent attack spells & power level's, so fire & air were easy to gain skill in (i did put some points into air & fire on level - up's though).
Old 02-15-2002, 05:56 PM   #9
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

If I may ask... with a solo Bishop, how did you take on Gregor? He seems to be the only fight where you need to be a big time melee guy, or had you built up enough levels to get a good spell? Maybe Paralyze?
Old 02-16-2002, 01:04 AM   #10
Mage_77
Manshoon

Paralyze & Energy Blast with a bit of melee for most of the harder stuff i came across. It's about the only way to safely get around with a bishop until you jack up thier magic skills especially since i never went over level 4 until i got to Arnika. Keeping your level relatively low means that along the arnika road you wont find so hard a mix of mobs like 10+ bandits etc. Once you get to arnika & jack up some of your magic skills multiple mob fights are a breeze.

BTW: For gregor i got lucky. I managed to get him stuck in the doorway where he wouldnt run & couldnt come closer which allowed me to kill him off using sling & DD spells.

(DD = Direct Damage)

[ 02-16-2002: Message edited by: Mage_77 ]