Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-15-2004, 01:36 PM   #1
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Oi... this computer has been giving me so many problems. In fact, I'm quite embarressed to be asking about these problems, I probably have a virus.. or something. Anyway, well, the problem is, whenever I start up IE I got to IW and other random websites and I can't see any images, At all. I can't even see the smilies up above the message box. I can see a few, but not all of them. My IE window says that it's loading the pictures, but it never loads it completely. Can anyone tell me what's wrong? And does anyone know any good virus finders as well?
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 08-15-2004, 02:44 PM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

well take a look on here for a good online virus scan. Also go here for a downloadable one, just bear in mind to update it every week. Also, do you have a firewall?
Old 08-15-2004, 02:56 PM   #3
bjorn
Zhentarim Guard

I myself usually hate theese sort of advice but mine would be to get Mozilla: Firefox instead of IE.

I've used Mozilla: Firebird for quite some time now and it has been really great!
Old 08-15-2004, 03:55 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

It's possible you may have tightened your security up too much, and you're not allowing Windows to display the pictures. Check in Tools, Internet Options and look for flags about showing pictures and video.

You may also reset your security settings for the Internet zone to the default as well, and then retweaking them.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 08-15-2004, 09:34 PM   #5
adamjon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

get MyIE2 it kicks butt. www.myie2.com
I rock and so does my website [url]\"http://www.galaxypcs.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.galaxypcs.com</a> check it out its full of cool gaming tips and tricks along with a store for all your pc hardware.