Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 06-26-2005, 04:57 PM   #1
Nightowl2
Galvatron

On what is likely my last pass through the game, I thought I'd play around with a few things. Start a bit more pumped up, etc. So I tried the change level cheat, and it isn't working.

Every other cheat I tried works fine. I can change attribute and skill values, add items or spells...but changing character level fizzles.

The command is recognized, but seems to do nothing. I've checked several boards, but have not found anyone with a similar problem.

This is the GOTY version, with all three games installed. Anyone have any ideas? (and yes, I do know how to type in the command via the console). Did Bethesda disable this?

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 05:33 PM   #2
Seraph
Quintesson

It would help if you actually said what command you were using.
The proper command for setting your level is
player->setlevel X
Where X is the level you want.
You can not use the mod command with player level.
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2005, 07:24 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Yep, that's the one I tried, Seraph. Does nothing. Level doesn't change.

The command seems to be still recognized in the scripts, because I entered it once without a number and it complained about that. But putting a number in has no effect. Really strange this is the only thing that doesn't work.

Nightowl2
Old 06-27-2005, 05:28 PM   #4
Seraph
Quintesson

Ok.
What happens if you enter the code, save the game, quit, and start the game up again?
Seraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 08:28 PM   #5
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Heh. I was just coming on to post that, Seraph. Entirely by accident, I discovered that you have to save and reload for the setlevel to work. You'd think that someone, somewhere, would mention that in the list of cheat codes. I buzzed through a bunch of sites, and not one said a thing about needing to do the save/reload trick.

Anyway, thanks for the reply.

Nightowl2