Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2004, 10:08 AM   #1
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Two things..

I have Jan Jansen in my party and after a while he gets called back home. The one time i had him in my party earlier, i accompanied him, and took care of things from there on, but this time i was on my way to Mazzy's place, because of her poisoned sister. So i told Jan i'd meet him later. He said he'd be at his house in the slums, but he's not there. He also isn't in his usual spot in the government district selling turnips, so where the hell is he ?

The other thing is of more concern, because if things are looking as they are right now, i can't finish the Planar Sphere quest. For some reason, when i enter Valygar's home to pick him up, his servant is waiting for me with a handful of cityguards, who tell me that i've been sentenced to death, and attack me on sight. The fight itself is no problem, but after that Valygar attacks me as well, and i really need him for the Planar Sphere quest.

What's my best move ?
Old 07-10-2004, 10:17 AM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

1. Complete guess, but he may be at the Copper Coronet since most NPC's go there.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:21 AM   #3
SpongeBobTheDestoyer

Don't know about the Jan one but you can go ahead and kill Valygar and still get in the sphere. Just check the ground where you killed him.
Old 07-10-2004, 10:26 AM   #4
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
But wouldn't that ruin some of the conversations inside the Sphere ? After all, that Lavok character is his family right ?
Old 07-10-2004, 10:34 AM   #5
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
But wouldn't that ruin some of the conversations inside the Sphere ? After all, that Lavok character is his family right ?
Yes, you'll lose some dialogue options for both inside the sphere and for once you finish the sphere. The only other way to get him into your group if he's hostile is to hit control+q while your mouse pointer is on him (only works if cheats are enabled).

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 11:05 AM   #6
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Jan's house has three floors.. Did you check all of them?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2004, 11:40 AM   #7
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yes, i did. And i know he's supposed to be on the second floor. Like i said, i've done all this before, but the first time i accompanied him straight away, this time i let him travel back home alone and he told me to meet him at his place, and so i did. No Jan however, he vanished.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:54 AM   #8
teardropmina
Drizzt Do'Urden

in my experience, time is actually a factor in Jan's quest. If you didn't do it sooner, bugs will show up. Once I fooled around just a bit longer in the middle of the quest (while Jan waiting for us to find the cure), when back to Jan's house, he just repeated the kid got better dialouge again and again to no end...so, I guess you've encountered another Jan's time bug.
Old 07-10-2004, 11:57 AM   #9
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by teardropmina:
in my experience, time is actually a factor in Jan's quest. If you didn't do it sooner, bugs will show up. Once I fooled around just a bit longer in the middle of the quest (while Jan waiting for us to find the cure), when back to Jan's house, he just repeated the kid got better dialouge again and again to no end...so, I guess you've encountered another Jan's time bug.
Well, all i did was complete the sidequest for Mazzy, after that i immediately returned to his house in the slums. All in all that couldn't have taken more than a day.....

Btw... does this mean i've lost him forever ?

[ 07-10-2004, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: johnny ]
Old 07-10-2004, 01:42 PM   #10
Elhardo
The Magister

have you the copper coronet? prolly wont be there but worth a try right?