Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2001, 04:31 PM   #141
KDogRex
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by bilqis:
*bilqis sits quietly by the fire, propped up in a chair with a warm blanket wrapped around her, listening to the quiet conversations between friends and feeling pretty good despite the nausea*

Bili, I have to take off for a bit, but I'll be back later, are you going to be around? You look a bit peaked...

------------------
-Bard Extrodinaire of the OHF
Man of Sweet Words and Heart Aflame
Keeper of the Heart of Charean
Old 04-03-2001, 04:32 PM   #142
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
GM: BK's trick is one used by gardeners alot! Seems to work at least some of the time...human smell tricks the critters. They can get used to it over time, though. Another one I've seen is putting soap (heavy scented like Irish Spring) in the area. Same idea, smell scares the rabbits off.

Also, for rabbit fencing, are you putting it into the ground by at least a foot? I gave up and let the bunnies have my winterberry seedlings. I've got several that grew nice and big (read about 12-15 inches tall- started as 8 inc seedlings) and are now producing flowers/berries (they are a holly - deciduous variety) and so I need to have male and female plants. Worried that the rodents would eat all my males and I'd have no berries! Seems they didn't and I'm going to buy some nice BIG plants to replace the lost ones outside my fence...oh and my fence is a privacy fence, no way it would keep bunnies out! LOL

CB , typing with jealous cat in one arm

No just regular fencing, I thought it would work....silly me.

Give that jealous cat a scratch for me. ::quickly look s around for wolfgir::

------------------

Feel My Power

Arcane Adept of the OHF, "So let it be written, So let it be done"

[This message has been edited by Gray Mage (edited 04-03-2001).]
Old 04-03-2001, 04:40 PM   #143
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by KDogRex:
Bili, I have to take off for a bit, but I'll be back later, are you going to be around? You look a bit peaked...
Whaaa .. ? Oh, sorry KD. I was snoozing here. Yes I'll be here. Feel to awful to move around much. I hope I don't look TOO bad tho.. don't want to scare away a certain Ranger.
See you when you get back!

Who else is here? Anyone? Cloudy? GM? BK?

------------------

Sometimes I think I
understand everything,
then I regain consciousness.

Most Happy Taker of Zeeke
and member of the
Moon's Hope Inn
Ladies Guild

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 04-03-2001).]
Old 04-03-2001, 04:45 PM   #144
Epona
Zartan

Oh man, I don't even have a garden. 1st floor flat (If you're reading this from the US, please read as "2nd floor apartment" )

Plus I kill houseplants but I don't know why. I look at them and they turn brown. I blame the central heating.

When I used to have a garden I grew chillies one year, hundreds of those little thin chillies that are really hot. Those were the days....

------------------

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.

Epona of The Laughing Hyenas and The Ladies Guild.
Old 04-03-2001, 04:46 PM   #145
Gray Mage
Banned User

I'm here.....sort of.. trying to get work done. lurking, talking about my garden with my Storm Queen, having happy thoughts.

------------------

Feel My Power

Old 04-03-2001, 05:32 PM   #146
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Epona/GM: Well those little chilis....oooh yuk...We had them when I was a kid. One day I bragged to a friend that they weren't so hot and I could just pick one and eat it....OH NO...bad move...Took one big bite and that was it...Tried water..BAD idea...finally milk killed it..but my mouth burned for hours!

CB, petting her jealous cat AND his littermate
Old 04-03-2001, 05:46 PM   #147
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Epona/GM: Well those little chilis....oooh yuk...We had them when I was a kid. One day I bragged to a friend that they weren't so hot and I could just pick one and eat it....OH NO...bad move...Took one big bite and that was it...Tried water..BAD idea...finally milk killed it..but my mouth burned for hours!

CB, petting her jealous cat AND his littermate
ROTFLMAO ....oh, sorry ::wiping tears from my eyes.....

------------------

Feel My Power

[This message has been edited by Gray Mage (edited 04-03-2001).]
Old 04-03-2001, 05:49 PM   #148
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Amusing, hmmm? LOL Not back then it wasnt!

CB

------------------

Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight
Old 04-03-2001, 05:49 PM   #149
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Amusing, hmmm? LOL Not back then it wasnt!

CB

Sorry, been there, done that!!!

------------------

Feel My Power

Old 04-03-2001, 05:50 PM   #150
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Lord of Alcohol enters the in, blanket in hand and hurriedly throws it over the mindflayer head, avoiding anymore mental trauma. Whew! Thats over, now its beer time!
On the pepper thing you know those really really hot ones that look like cherry tomatoes? My buddy Rich was drunk as hell and I told him it was a cherry tomato. He popped the whole thing in his mouth. He was pretty much gasping for air and trying to spit it out by the time he reached the sink. He litterally put his mouth under the faucet and let water run through his mouth for twenty minutes. While he was not amused the rest of us were on the floor dying of laughter.
How does everyone like the new "who's on" feature? I think its great!