Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-18-2001, 07:24 AM   #1
Hagar

What can I do with useless items I can't sell?
For all the letters, journals and books I found, I bought an scroll case to reduce the stuff in my inventory. But what should I do with the rest like keys, human flesh, holy symbol, ward stone etc.? I know Ican find a bag of holding later on, but I need an answer now. I don't want to drop them somewhere. Is there a fine for littering in BG II?
Can I use some chests in my Keep to store them or do they disappear from there?

Old 01-18-2001, 07:32 AM   #2
Armisael

Here's a tip; almost every quest-related item in this game is only used once. You don't need scrolls, books and things that provided information on previous quests, you definitely don't need keys you've already used, and everything else I'd reccomend you dump in a pile in the corner of the slums. Maybe some beggar will find a use for that holy symbol, or the mask of king strohm.

Old 01-18-2001, 08:02 AM   #3
Charlie
Lord Ao

Apparently the Mask of King Strohm can be used as a protection against critical hits by mages and thieves who can't usually wear helmets. I've got someone wearing it (must look a right tit walking into a pub with that on yer face) but I can't honestly say if it's saved her arse on any occasions...I left it on just in case.
Old 01-18-2001, 08:06 AM   #4
Armisael

Yeah, I know about that, just making my daily quip. I put it over Nalia's face, usually. If only I could gag her, too...

Old 01-18-2001, 08:09 AM   #5
Charlie
Lord Ao

Yup, that's who I gave it to.....it stops her scaring the trolls and the children.
Old 01-18-2001, 08:13 AM   #6
Armisael

You got it. Her poorly timed remarks still frighten the hell out of me, though.
'How are we helping the needy by trudging around in here?'
That's when you're taking care of her little troll invasion, mind.

Old 01-18-2001, 08:54 AM   #7
Charlie
Lord Ao

Yeah, funny old bird.

Happy enough to give a castle away to a bloke with thirty grand in his sky rocket, will she give a penny to a pauper...will she f**k. I've never seen her dip into her own lolly yet, always leaves it to someone else. Never seen her instigate dialogue with a tramp in the slums yet either, but happy enough to whinge about the needy. Some people uh! Shame you can't flog the castle and give the dough to a tramp (...as if I would ), you got the deeds so really it should be possible, that'd shut her up. I think she's only knocking about with my bloke for a bit of rough. Mind you my bloke likes his women to have stumps sticking out of their backs (no accounting for tastes these days) so Nalias outta the equation.
I do like her as a Mage tho'
Old 01-18-2001, 09:23 AM   #8
Armisael

Heh, too true. If I were you I'd wrap a towel around her head and throw her into a lake. No, Edwin's the mage for me, even if he is a smug little twit with no balls.

Old 01-18-2001, 11:17 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Nalia sure can be a pain in the ass and that remark you stated Armisael ohhh hate that one, sometimes i wish my character could answer back at some of these stupid things the NPC´s blurts out like: oh sorry Nalia I will just kill these no-good mindflayers and then spend some more money instead of releasing Imoen ok? Or why not, hey Minsc could you really fix me up with an Iceweasel? Or how about answering that whiny whelp Aerie that if you don´t like it down here well neither do i but I never had wings so I have been miserable all my life, people wanting to kill me, rob me, hurt me, abuse me, take advantage of me, direct me but hey otherwise I really like vampires their teeth and ugly breath are so comforting you know?

More sarcasm and more cool comments from the lead dude like The Nameless one or something like that.. I mean you are completely silent all the game?
Old 01-18-2001, 06:37 PM   #10
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I just wish they could have at least made ONE female NPC not annoying in one way or another. Even the choices for the voices for your female main character were slim pickins! You could either sound like a barfly hag or sound like a simpering brainless wonder. And you had a lot less choices than the male voices (wasn't intentionally trying to rhyme there).