Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2000, 07:56 PM   #1
zhak

Hey
I've played through the game once already and didn't get any of the romance scripts. I'm playing again, my character is a male half-elf kensai/mage. Viconia is the only female in my party. I am at the end of CH. 3 and still nothing has happened so I used Shadow Keeper to trigger the Romance (set global variable viconiaromance=1 and set the value to 200000 the result was she immediately started a dialog and told me how attractive I was, my response could be to tell her the same, say her beauty is marred by the way she treats others, tell her she knows how beautiful she is and doesn't need me to say anything, or tell her to forget about it. I chose to tell her her is marred. nothing has happened since then, did I answer wrong, what am I supposed to do? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-zhak

Old 12-19-2000, 08:05 PM   #2
Armisael

Sounds like you're not really the romantic type. : P
Try playing a human. They always get the women, for one reason or another.
Incidentally, I told her to take a hike and that I didn't have time for it. Her next dialogue popped up a couple of hours later.

Old 12-19-2000, 08:06 PM   #3
Suul-Yinn

I hope you do better in real life because your technique sucks! Women tend to respond to flattery and not insults. Basically you have told her she has an awful personality, which many might agree with, but it is hardly likely to sweep her off her feet. Try resetting the global variables and next time be nice!

Old 12-19-2000, 08:34 PM   #4
zhak

Hey,

Thanks for the comments so far. The reason I didn't do the nicest comment was that I had read on previous posts that the strategy for Viconia was not to choose the nicest comment ("you're incredible") or the meanest one ("shut up bitch")...any other suggestions?

-zhak

Old 12-19-2000, 08:51 PM   #5
Suul-Yinn

In that case try the 'You don't need me to tell you how beautiful you are' routine. Armisael, your a Jaheira fan, what did you say? As my character is female I didn't get to chat up the girls, only knock back Anomen(thank god).

Old 12-19-2000, 08:58 PM   #6
Armisael

You mean to Viconia? Like I said, I told her I didn't have time for it. She didn't seem to care and pressed on with the speeches shortly afterward.

Old 12-19-2000, 09:04 PM   #7
Suul-Yinn

Oops, guess it's time for bed, see you next time!