Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-23-2003, 01:58 PM   #1
Karibu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

YES. I got NWN today. Finally I was able to play this game, until...

It installs correctly, it starts correctly, it seems to work correctly, except, when I go options -> Save and I write the name of the save game Push button Save -> game freezes! I checked taskmanager and it shows that NWN.exe (or something like that what was the name of the exe) consumes all my processor capacity and if I don't cut that process immediately (5-10 sec), booting is my only option.

I reinstalled the game, I installed the newest patch but to no avail. Here is my system:

Windows 2000 SP2
Athlon 700 MHz
386 MB SDRAM (virtual memory se to 386 MB -> 1000 MB)
ATI Radeon 8500LE 128 MB
Direct-x 8.1
4 GB empty hard drive space before install. Should be enough.

I already tried to install newwer graphic drivers but it effectively screwed my system up -> I reinstalled graphic drivers which came with the CD. I made a search of this subject but I didin't find any exclusive answer. Any help appreciated (links to other threads, suggestions, sympathy, similar faits, etc.).
Old 01-23-2003, 04:16 PM   #2
Karibu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

OK. I installed Ati's newest catalyst drivers and now i can save the game. That was the problem for that. But now my display can show only 800x600 resolution. If I make it bigger, the display comes so fuzzy flicking that I can't see anything Older drivers gave me 1024x768 resolution. Anybody know anuthing about this?
Old 01-23-2003, 04:17 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Well, anything that I personally could have told you...you already discovered by researching other threads on this topic, as is evident in your post. I am not sure what more I can offer besides an inquiry about the updated graphics drivers. You said it messed with your system, and you had to uninstall them. I am wondering what is wrong there. I know that others on this forum have the same video card, so maybe they will be along soon to help out. If not, then you are welcome to post in General Conversation to inquire about those drivers for that card. I am hoping that will solve the issue...to get those drivers going. We'll see.
Old 01-24-2003, 02:25 AM   #4
Karibu
Elite Waterdeep Guard

BAKA! I found solution when examining more accurately Atis control panel properties. There were few setup things which were not correct. I corrected them and vòila! Game works, resolution is as it should be and I am happy as pig in the mud =D

Thanks for your advise, Larry_OHF!!