Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2006, 04:26 AM   #1
Todeswanderer
Welcomed New User

you have probably answered this but i cant find it in the hundreds of pages done so here it is. . .

whenever i load the game to see erathsmador why does the game continually crash with system error. im using xp
Old 01-24-2006, 08:09 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, Todeswaderer!!!

Have you read through the TECH TIPS thread??

This game was created before there was XP so it is necessary to do a few adjustments to get the game to run smoothly.

Check through the Tech Tips and see if that helps. If not - post again and please include more information about your computer - anything that might be affecting the game.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2006, 12:13 PM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

This won't be a result of eXtreme Problems. If Todeswanderer succeeded in getting to Spire then his game can run under XP, at least somehow.

I fear another thing: It happens sometimes that W&W starts crashing almost immediately after loading a saved game file. The saved game file is unusable. Period.

If it is the case then you get the following picture:
- You can start W&W without problems,
- the game loads "without problems",
- after a few seconds, the game either hangs your computer or crashes. This happens even if you don't move. You can enter a town (it the game is saved at the town gate) but after leaving the town, the game crashes again. You cannot teleport away, the game crashes sooner. The end.

Therefore, a question: Is this the essence of the problem? If it is then I can recommend only one thing: restart from another saved game.
Old 01-25-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img] You have been well answered, I see! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2006, 08:21 AM   #5
Todeswanderer
Welcomed New User

I have checked the tech tips but I couldn't find anything that could help me in the situation. I have used as many technical tips from all websites to make the game run smoothly. from the start of the game I havn't had one problem with game whether it be loading or saving of glitches, nothing. UNTIL NOW. damn thing!!! why oh why has it come to the light of stop playing. 27 hours 32 minutes and approximately 27 seconds. im not counting?!?!?

i couldn't really say wnything about my computer interfering witht he game except the xp part. I have all upgraded system cards over the minumum recommendations easily. maybe it is too new??? that might be a problem???
Old 01-27-2006, 10:33 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Tracking down the cause of a particular problem can be rather mysterious - sometimes it is just hard to know what precisely caused the error.

Given that the game was running very well for you for so long, I'm inclined (sady) to lean towards Radek's suggestion - that there is an unrecoverable error in that save file.

You do have other save files?? From before the point of crashing???

One rule all gamers really must follow is:

SAVE EARLY; SAVE OFTEN!! And that means different save files for the one game. Typically, I would keep at least 3 different save slots for one game, sometimes up to 5 depending on where I was in the game.

Hope you have a recent save from before the problem. Replaying a section is generally not as painful as it might seem it would be.

Keep us posted on what is happening with your game!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2006, 11:09 AM   #7
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Let's see... it may not be salvageable, which is a bummer, but it may be. Respond back with:

1. What's the exact message that shows up when it crashes? Any BSOD message or XP warning message. If nothing shows up, then look in the XP Event Viewer for anything "strange" during the time it crashed.

2. What else do you have running on your system? I'm talking about other applications as well as processes that are just running. You may need to go into the task manager and copy the list of processes.

3. If you want, you can ship me the file and I'll try it on my system. Send me a PM and I'll give you the particulars.

Let's see where it goes next... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote