Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 11-29-2001, 04:39 PM   #1
Janus
Dungeon Master

In chapter 6 i took keldorn to the goverment district, and he asked me if i wanted to be introduced to his family. I went in to see whats going on and to find that his wifes been cheating on him, i went to investigate and later on he leaves my party and goes to the circus with his children. Is there any way to get him back? i havent got a save that reverses this, anyone done this bit?
\"Freedom can only be gained through the barrel of a shotgun\"<br />Mao Tse-Tung<p>The Workers have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. WORKERS OF ALL COUNTRIES, UNITE!\"<br />Karl Marx and Frederick Engels
Janus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 04:50 PM   #2
Warby
Zhentarim Guard

I think you loose him forever. I just sent her to jail. Reloed it and just do that. I'm not sure about other alternatives. I lost him your way.

Warby
Warby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 04:58 PM   #3
Janus
Dungeon Master

i need him to fight the Vampires in Bohdi's lair, he seems really good against them, and that instant dispel magic comes in handy. That witch steals aerie aswell, so now im down to 4 characters. Currently i have mazzy, minsc and imoen, any sujestion for replacments?
\"Freedom can only be gained through the barrel of a shotgun\"<br />Mao Tse-Tung<p>The Workers have nothing to lose but their chains. They have a world to win. WORKERS OF ALL COUNTRIES, UNITE!\"<br />Karl Marx and Frederick Engels
Old 11-29-2001, 05:06 PM   #4
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well, if you need someone to take care of those vampires, I'd suggest Anomen. By now his level should be high enough to destroy them when turning undead, and if not a few sunrays/bolts of glory/false dawns should do it. Holy Smite works wonders as well, and if you equip him with the (preferably improved) Mace Of Disruption, he'll kick some butt. [img]smile.gif[/img]
You probably want an NPC with a good alignment, so he is the first to come to mind.
Also, I would never play a game without Jaheira, she really is a very good NPC. You might want to try her out, for example equipped with the Blackblood Club +3, The Bone Club +3 vs. Undead or the Spear of Impaling. Give her a nice suit of full plate, a decent shield and some strength-enhancing item and she'll be one of your best characters, a tank as well as a good spellcaster.
If you want some extra magic firing power, add Nalia.
Old 11-29-2001, 05:11 PM   #5
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Just tell him you need him right now when after confronting the cheater he asks for some shore leave. He won't complain if I remember correctly, and though he promises his wife he'll only stay for a short while (with me it was till Imoen was rescued) he never asks to go back........

Mabye his wife wasn't quite as hot as he made her out to be.
Old 11-29-2001, 05:21 PM   #6
Magness
Quintesson

Keldorn's Family Troubles ....

SPOILER
If you don't want to lose Keldorn, you need to confront the person (Sir William of Thorpe) that his wife has been seeing in one of the inns in the Promanade. Do not try to start a fight, just listen to what he has to tell Keldorn. He will basically tell Keldorn that his wife still loves him very much but he (Keldorn) needs to spend more time at home. At the end of the encounter, there are 4 options ...

Select the 2nd option ... "Such things are private matters. I will look for you at the guildhouse when you are done." Keldorn will leave the party for 3 days to reconcile matters with his wife. Meet up with him back at the Order of the Radiant Heart after "3 days or so".

After 3 days or so, he will rejoin the party.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 06:14 PM   #7
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

I agree with all that you say, but I feel like we are missing something. Janus, was Aerie "blued out" in the fight with Bodhi? If yes, and it you haven't dumped her body then SPOILER
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
Take her body with Bodhi's Black Heart to Anuamator's Temple,(You know, where the Shadow Lord was killed). You'll get her back, plus a LARGE BUNCH OF XP. Hope this helps. P.S. Don't agree that Jah is best. I like Viconia. Either better than Aerie. As you have found, you don't have to resurrect them so often.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Galadria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2001, 05:28 AM   #8
Whailor

Maybe I at times am just too darn benevolent.. In any case, I let Keldorn go. Heck, the man's been fighting and travelling and what not else for the Order for such a long time, then it's about time he will finally get back to his family. So I talked to Sir William, then went to Keldorn's home and he went to circus. Atfer some time later I went to his home and there he was. When I talked to him, he said "Are we ready to leave?". I just told him that I appreciate his offer, but it's my quest and he really should be with his family, and that I release him. He was grateful and well, what else can I want from the noble paladin, who is grateful that I didn't torn his family apart?

I've killed the vamps without him and even though I have a Carsomyr what no one can use, so what [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll just use it as a butter knife then, and slice the sausage for the sandwich. There will be plenty of people who can kill or help to kill the vamps.

Spoiler
You can ask for the help from the Shadow Thieves, Order of the Radiant Heart and Drizzt and his party, all in all. Heck that's more people agaist those weak vamps then needed already. Though I called them just for the kicks. A la the more the merrier. So no worries, missing the Keldorn in the party doesn't make the battles any harder at all. Just let the old paladin to rest and be with his family
Old 12-02-2001, 03:35 PM   #9
Janus
Dungeon Master

thanks for all your help guys! wow this is my first real go at this message board thing and it works a charm.What are you talking about when you say "blued out"? she just disappears from my party, and im down 2 4 characters. Oh i picked up Jahireha and anomen but thier way behind on xp, any sujestions on getting them up the levels? oh by the way is there any way i can get back to the assylum after ive done the Imoen guest? i kinda left Nalia there.
Old 12-02-2001, 09:31 PM   #10
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Janus,

What type of character are you playing? If you are a thief - or have one in your party (which you should always do) - then hold onto Corsamyr until the thief starts getting high level abilities in Tob.

Choose "Use Any Item" and then your thief can wield Corsamyr!!!

(Ooooooo! just think...Backstab with Corsamyr at 5x damage!!!)