Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-03-2001, 04:51 PM   #1
Charlie
Lord Ao

I've never tried to share a game over the net but would like to try. A completely helping and sharing game I mean. Maybe arranging a set evening or evenings with a game time limit per evening say X amount of hours on a mutually agreeable for everyone night. If anyones interested then just post and we'll thrash out details, characters etc. I'm PC stupid so may need a bit of assistance or advice here & there.

It's ok making your own MP party but kind of so much more critical if you see a "real" friend in bother..adds an element of depth and realism that's lost with your very own bods. I like to play a fighter usually but am willing change if others want that role.

Cheers.
Old 02-03-2001, 05:18 PM   #2
G.W.

Let's do it, get three or four players.

Old 02-03-2001, 05:23 PM   #3
"Hell Lich" Wah

You are somewhat like me charlie - I also have the feeling that I can't do this without trashing up somehow. I'm not a PC genius by far so don't look at me for techno explanations!

Hmm............OKAY!! Let's DO IT!!

So what do you say Charlie? Want me in this thing?

Er.....hate to say this but: How does it all work? What's this connection thing and number? What number are they talking about - I've got loads

Old 02-03-2001, 05:32 PM   #4
Charlie
Lord Ao

Sweet as a nut.

Let's try for six players if you guys are ok with that. The more the merrier in my book. Anyone else out there?...Ladies maybe? Three to go

If you think that's too much guys....say so.
Old 02-03-2001, 05:34 PM   #5
turbovee
Elminster

Name the time and place Charlie, That would be a kick in the ass playing against other people who we "know" and not some strangers on a web link. I would prefer a modem sponsored game. That would prevent a bunch of knuckleheads from getting in and ruining it.

We need to lay down some ground rules about edited characters, gameplay between characters and teamwork. I've played games online with other players (Diablo, Mechwarrior) and it becomes complicated when someone decides to attack and other peoples characters are in the wrong position. End result friendly fire = dead friends. E- mail us for the connection. If you post it on the board your going to be swamped with all kinds of players wanting to get in. Wait until we argue about whos going to get which items LOL
Old 02-03-2001, 05:39 PM   #6
G.W.

Not sure how it works, but it'd be nice if we could start at say, Nalia's castle, or the slave ship, or the trademeet quest. We should say characters have 125,000 exp (about what you have once you leave the prison). American time?

Old 02-03-2001, 05:49 PM   #7
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

This sounds fun. I would like to play a multigame, but I have a modem and pay for the time I am up. I can't wait until I get cable.
Old 02-03-2001, 06:08 PM   #8
Charlie
Lord Ao

Turbovee.

You're the most clued up it seems...can I take the piss and ask you to take control? No prob's if your not up for that idea but I am pretty clueless. I'm on a 512K cable modem so I don't have any real issues connection wise but am ignorant to most web stuff. I don't mind hosting but I just need guiding.

Thanks.
Old 02-03-2001, 06:14 PM   #9
turbovee
Elminster

Not a problem Charlie, Looks like I'm going to working for you any way to pay for the mess in your Shite store. Like I said pick about six people you want to play with and post your connection address to their E-mail. Kindof like a password. I'll even host if that would help me pay off some of my debt.
Old 02-03-2001, 07:05 PM   #10
Charlie
Lord Ao

So far we got four unless you want in El Kalkylus...you're more than welcome.

Do we start from the start or can we jump in as G.W suggests?....I'm not phased either way. Slot that...let's get the players first.

I'm itching to go, sooner the better.....like a schoolkid again

Ladyzekke, Cloudbringer, Moiraine....anyone...someone.