Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2000, 12:47 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I guess the lines are evenly split between the wandering transient type in BG1 and the more structured approach of BG2. I guess as a compromise they could have had certain items appear on the map just as empty space with randomly spawning monsters for the nomads among us who like travelling the great outdoors.
Old 11-18-2000, 05:37 AM   #2
Bewildered

Now, in BG3, what place would you like to see it happen?

Personally, I'd like Kara-Tur (If you don't know where it is, ask Yoshimo ).

Old 11-18-2000, 06:14 AM   #3
Mr. Underhill
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think I would love to see a game revolve around Waterdeep, I mean it's the New York city of the realms think of the endless possibilties, you could explore there for ever.
Kara-tur would be awesome as well.
But I think down south ie. Mulharand and Lorien would be cool, there so underdeveloped and I think there is a lot that you could do with these campaign settings.
But...I'm a hugh fan of Ravenloft, having campaigned most of my youth away in the horrors of the demi-plane of dread. Personally this is the place for me, not that I'm into the whole evil thing, It's just a great place to role play in. It's a tough world to be in especially for demi-humans, theres alot of mistrust amongst the inhabitants. Plus all the great campaign setting merge there ie., Forgotten realms, Krynn, Greyhawk, etc..
Place it would be interesting if you were playing with an evil party, you don't really want to draw to much attention from the dark powers. Overall raven loft would be a bad-ass campaign setting especially for a child Bhaal. hehe
Old 11-18-2000, 06:43 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I think maybe Waterdeep, it's a big city and lots of powerful people reside there. And Undermountain is the domain of Halaster Blackcloak, perhaps THE most powerful *evil* wizard of them all. The number of gates that Undermountain have would be ideal if you were going to eventually strive for demigodhood. Only thing is, I think there's a pretty big NWN Undermountain project. Kara-Tur would be awesome too, but you really have to be mixing it with the big guys. A Planescape/Waterdeep combo would be my vote.
Old 11-18-2000, 06:52 AM   #5
Tara

I love this game, but I must say that in BG 3 what would make it better for me was if they developed a bigger world and allowed you to continue questing even after the main storyline was done like my favorite game of all time. What is it you may ask? Daggerfall - the best RPG game ever made and to this day my favorite game. I anxiously await the release of Morrowind!

Old 11-18-2000, 11:53 AM   #6
Spangler

I agree, Waterdeep seems like an obvious choice, I was suprised they didnt use in in BG2. I would like to see the wandering abilty of BG1 to come back, or perhaps a continous land, seemless with no exit grids. That would kick ass but Im sure it would be a pain in the ass to make. I wouldnt mind another Dark sun game either, I dug the old ones...

Old 11-18-2000, 01:47 PM   #7
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i agree, waterdeep would be an ideal. i only have one correction to make. Halaster Blackcloak is not evil, he's the epitome of chaotic. almost makes the symbul look like a choir girl...
Old 11-18-2000, 07:45 PM   #8
Armisael

Chaotic? So he's... ugh... like Haer'Dalis? Well, let me put it this way, what's his alignment?

Old 11-18-2000, 08:17 PM   #9
Suul-Yinn

Definitely Waterdeep, but how about Zhentil Keep for Evil characters, or very brave good ones...

Old 11-18-2000, 11:44 PM   #10
BaatoRyan

There is gonna be BG3? Well, I'm sure it will be based on polls, popularity, and the flow of the story. In BG1, It's Baldur's Gate Versus Amn. The three, including Waterdeep, have been described, criticized and acclaimed. So, if the plot or whatever goes with the location, my theory that it'll be Waterdeep.