Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2006, 01:42 AM   #11
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

I can't work out how to use the bloody toolset. I can create an exterior area, but not an interior one. It just comes up black on the area screen.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 08:25 AM   #12
Kynaeus
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
EVERYONE almost is saying even with a dual core MAXED overclocked system with the best video card and 2 gig of ram its choppy and slow as hell.

It's just BAD programming and design. There must be a memory leak too.

And I can run Battlefield 2142 with all setting MAXXED, and that game has higher requirements than Oblivion!

This is one big reason PC Games are dying. Dev's release unfinished crap....
No, it's because Obsidian keeps making crappy sequels to games we loved. First KOTOR2 and now NWN2 >_>
Kynaeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 12:50 AM   #13
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Oh well. I've decided to post one cool thing and one uncool thing I find each day, to provide some balance.

COOL THING: The NPC depth in this game totally ROCKS. Very KOTOR - the voiceacting really gives you an image of the NPC. And I love the interactions - Korgan and Neetha are a crackup.

UNCOOL THING: Some of the behaviour scripting for random characters is very poor. In one example I was waylaid by some shadies in the middle of a busy Neverwinter street, right as I was passing some civilians having a conversation - the battle erupted right next to these people, there were fireballs exploding everywhere and hostiles being turned into shishkebab (yes, they revived the exploding blood enemy in NWN2) but these hardarse civilians just kept on chatting like nothing was happening! Now that is not cool.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2006, 03:49 AM   #14
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Khelgar and Neeshka.

Sheesh.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:13 AM   #15
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

After a visit here and to NWN official forums it sounds like Obsidian missed one really important thing:
Play Neverwinter Nights.

If they had, they might have thought about some simple things that game two in a series should be better then the first and include all the things from the first that people are expecting from a series of games.

Dual wield in the quickbar anyone? Nice to have or vital to have before you smash your keyboard?

Be able to see what the heck is going on? Good camera control: Nice to have or need to have.

Geez, I think I will keep the plastic wrap on my edition on for awhile longer. I am not glad to see so many suspicions comming true. Obsidian is following the Troika road, great ideas very bad implementation. I really hope they will get this game corrected with somee serious patching.

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:18 PM   #16
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Ha, and yet, Troika delivered on of the best RPG's ever.
Old 11-08-2006, 06:10 PM   #17
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Which one was that? ToEE? ???
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 06:36 PM   #18
Zebodog

Did this game ever get a fair chance or was it doomed from the start?

It's a shame too many people look at the glass as being half empty, and condemn the game for what it's not.
*Disclaimer: If this thread, or a link within this thread leads you to follow advice that crashes/explodes/burns down or any way damages your system or causes personal stress or hardship, I am in no way responsible for any problems.*
Zebodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 07:12 PM   #19
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Zebodog:

It's a shame too many people look at the glass as being half empty, and condemn the game for what it's not.
I for one gave it a fair chance. I was expecting outdated graphics, but speed and stability. I love the story and I plan to keep playing, but the engine suck soo much.
Old 11-08-2006, 10:04 PM   #20
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by Zebodog:

I think ToEE was doomed for two reasons:

1. Troika's horrible quality control.

2. Atari's insistance on pushing this game out with more bugs than the Amazon jungle.

Of the two I put most of the blame on Atari.
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote