Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-09-2004, 10:11 PM   #21
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Aerich:
When you reach university, you may realize that you actually disliked high school. I did.
Heh, didnt have to wait for Uni to know that! [img]tongue.gif[/img] and, yeah, Ilander, I'll have a car at Eastern (answering TL's question, too), and we will have to find a way. I'm thinking about Paladium, now, Kevin's allowed me to borrow a book, and I think I'm gonna join one of their campaigns, soon. Also, TL, you must have gotten some good scholarships! Either that or you were in debt up to your ears! Centre's tuition is about $29,000, this year, iirc.
Old 08-09-2004, 10:58 PM   #22
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
An even bigger, and more important change: Emerald Dragon-hood!!

<<
Old 08-09-2004, 11:25 PM   #23
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks for the comments guys. Everything will work out, just takes a while sometimes.
Old 08-09-2004, 11:28 PM   #24
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I had a biggish change this year, starting my postgrad degree. It doesn't seem like a big change since it's all uni, but it is a big change in terms of workload and responsibility and so on. But I'm enjoying it. Good luck with uni, Ilander! As well as making sure you make friends and join clubs and all that, because it's so important to have a support system, don't be afraid to try lots of new things subject-wise - don't feel like you have to be locked in to any one track. Especially if you find you're not enjoying whatever you're studying - you don't have to have it all decided before you even get there, and there's nothing to gain by 'throwing good money after bad' as it were and continuing down a path you know won't satisfy you [img]smile.gif[/img]

Good luck with your studies, Kathen! You won't be disappointed going into the mental health field, trust me! Alex! I really have to make time for MSN one of these days, I am so out of the loop [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
Old 08-09-2004, 11:33 PM   #25
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

believe me, Aelia, I know a major in Physics will require some other classes to keep me from frying...I hope you're adapting well to your postgrad work!

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 08-10-2004, 12:00 AM   #26
Matina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, well I'm going to a different school and I'm afraid it will consume my life and I won't get to spend time with people or my hobbies outside of that. But things will be ok, I just know it. I'm going to have a great time though. Things will work out. You will have tons of fun at UK. I know I would have fun at a place like that. Parties, people... my kind of life.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:10 AM   #27
Aerich
Lord Ao

Hey Ilander, even if you don't drink, it'll be worth it to go to parties. You can meet lots of people and get some solid entertainment. Constant binge drinking is for idiots anyway. I don't drink that much, especially when I go to parties where I don't know everyone; it is just as enjoyable, if not more, and considerably safer. You can also laugh at drunks with the smug knowledge that you won't have a hangover the next day.

I've got a couple friends that don't drink (one because he doesn't like it, the other because he has Crohn's Disease) and they're great fun and great to have around. It's a comfort to know that there's always someone who is fit to be a designated driver. Nobody I know has died from drunk driving, and those two guys are a pretty big part of why I can say that. Everybody knows that they'll be there, so people take the bus to parties with the knowledge that they have a free ride home. You can honestly save someone's life by being a DD at parties. Your friends will appreciate it.
Old 08-10-2004, 12:14 AM   #28
Matina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That's funny because I know some people who play the DD every Friday night and practically get paid for it. Because these guys pay for their gas and food and everything. So I guess it's a good thing to play the DD. Plus you always get to laugh at your buddies the next day when they're puking their guts out and downing the Tylenol and you're not because you were too smart to go through that. lol.

[ 08-10-2004, 12:15 AM: Message edited by: Matina ]
Old 08-10-2004, 12:15 AM   #29
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
WELCOME TO IRONWORKS MATINA!
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]

well, new schools aren't always so bad...gosh, when I was a lad, I went to several different schools...four in the first four years of my schooling...and it isn't as bad as you might think...

Aerich, I couldn't have put it better myself!

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 08-10-2004, 12:17 AM   #30
Matina
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well I figure that it couldn't possibly be that bad. Whats it matter anyway? I'm out in 2 years, plus I get to drive so alls well here with me.