Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2001, 04:12 PM   #21
oldbittercraig
Elminster

Mazzy might not be quite the melee-r that Minsc is, but she's still quite good at slugging it out. Throw in her ridiculous skill with an archer and she's a contributing member to any party.
Old 09-10-2001, 05:02 PM   #22
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Choice is yours of course but I dont like shortlings (except gnomes)
Old 09-10-2001, 05:09 PM   #23
Player Offender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Well since im undecided on what to do with my sixth slot, i think ill leave it open for now, then if i need another mage ill take in edwin unless he has conflicts with my current characters that would result in someone leaving. cause number one i cant stand imoen, and number two, i dont need a theif mage, since im already a swashbuckler(who is supprisingly VERY good at combat)

edwin is funnier than minsc, and he is not a multi
Old 09-10-2001, 05:21 PM   #24
PoesRaven
Manshoon

Many interesting ideas and worrying opinions on this subject.

I played as a swashbuckler, and i'll tell ya, you really cant go wrong by choosing Minsc. He's an excellent archer, a fighter good enought for frontline duties and gets a couple of priest spells into the bargain. Give him Lilacor (for fun if nothing else, it is however a +3 sword, and gives sweet imunities),
Baldruns Plate and Helm, and the Elven Court Bow, Greenstone Amulet and watch him rock!

Also, if you want to try out the Bard character as your main, it is worth it for the stronghold alone!!!!
Old 09-10-2001, 05:22 PM   #25
PoesRaven
Manshoon

if its humour you want, put minsc and Jan together and watch the fur fly
Old 09-10-2001, 05:33 PM   #26
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

Imoen is not multi, and after all you need a mage. Edwin is a great mage but he's evil and he cant use bow. If not Imoen, Nalia is my favourite mage she's not multi she's dual classed so she advances level fast and she has higher HP than edwin also a mage with hide in shadows ability and bow is great she's a killer with staf and bow
Old 09-10-2001, 07:15 PM   #27
Player Offender
Elite Waterdeep Guard

edwins extreme coolness overpowers his lack of bow and hide to me =)

now another question (i get the feling thist hread will go on with quesitons till i beat game)

keldorn needs some dex bad, and somewhere i ehard in a threat that theres a item taht shoots his dex up. what is this item? and whats this super paladin sword people talk about?

also about minsc i just really dont like him now, he has relatively low HP, and even though his whole plot with Boo was great at first, but after so long i feel like tossing boo into a salad shooter.

also, how often does anomen get extra proficiency points? i plan ong eting him that crazy assed hammer and use it in conjunction with that crazy assed undead killing mace, at elast for awhile, and i need to know if i should start putting the points into two weapon style next
Old 09-10-2001, 07:51 PM   #28
oldbittercraig
Elminster

Edwin- useful mage but a pompous ass... I had a Kensai-Mage that when I got around to running the thieves guild errands was a higher level caster than Edwin, yet he still talked down to me...
Old 09-10-2001, 07:55 PM   #29
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

You meet Keldorn on your way to the Cult of Unseeing Eye quest. Somewhere along that quest, you'll find the dexterity-enhancing item.
Old 09-10-2001, 09:51 PM   #30
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

eddie is a good mage.

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!