Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2001, 02:23 AM   #1
green_athena
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Anyone happen to know how to become a Samurai? I don't have a clue what the quest is talking about.... anyone ever done it?

Is there any point to the Bard option? In most games there doesn't seem to be any point in being a Bard. ..

------------------
"when I escaped I didn't feel like I got away..."
green_athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 03:02 AM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Samurai: Best not do that until you get to Ishad N'ha. You have to pick up a Samurai Baton from a haunted graveyard just east of Castle Shurugeon, and on the way, you'll meet up with some pretty bad@$$ monsters (the Mantraps), so it's best to wait until you've finished Serpent Temple before doing that.

I personally like the Bard role, but to each his own. It gives you Moon and Fiend magic, allows you to play musical instruments, and gives you some good traits (like Trickery, which ups the bonus on stealing and lockpicking, and Ironlung, which allows for longer swimming under water). Bard is kind of a "metathief" role. Some, however, prefer the Ninja role instead. I wouldn't use "Bard" as a end role, but it is a good "stepping stone" role and available fairly early on, as it's quest is in Serpent Temple (the second big dungeon in the game). Like Samurai, Ninja requires finagling with Castle Shurugeon, and the Mantrap problem again.

Hope this helps!

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 03:04 AM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Oh, BTW, Welcome to the forum, and a new Texas player too! I'm in Denton, just north of Dallas. Moni, another one of our forum regulars, is down near San Antonio.

Texas Forever!

-Sazerac

[This message has been edited by Sazerac (edited 05-03-2001).]
Old 05-03-2001, 01:54 PM   #4
green_athena
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey thanks for the welcome! I'm not technically a "Texan", though, so don't get _too_ excited....

I just moved here, and I'm in Austin --the least "texan"-like city. This is a nice place, beautiful country .

------------------
"when I escaped I didn't feel like I got away..."
green_athena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2001, 02:51 PM   #5
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Ah, I see! Well, you're here now, so that makes you a Texan...at least for the time being!

Yes, Austin is beautiful. Terrible traffic, though! Get out to Fredericksburg and Kerrville if you can for a weekend drive. Gorgeous country! Just 10 miles west of Kerrville, in a little town called Hunt, is a full-scale model of Stonehenge in a huge field.

Cheers,
Sazerac