Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2001, 03:43 AM   #1
Hojou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry if you guys feel spammed with questions, but i just found this site and i've had TONS of questions, many of them i finally figured out but there are a few that are still annoying me.

When i go around looking in peoples drawers etc. i often find Stones, Necklaces and Rings. All kind of different ones too, with nice descriptions and all - but what am i to do with them? I bought as many gem-bags as i could find (that is two) and they are filled... i make my chars all wear rings and necklaces and fill their inventory with gems, and i can't help thinking "Is this just crap(money) or can i put them to use?" Anyways, needless to say i had to sell most of it since i keep finding more. What i did was, i sold the stones, rings etc that were the cheapest. I figured i could always find those again?

Can i use the items for anything? What about the Rouge stones, what about Diamonds? What about fancy expensive necklaces? Do i have ANY use of them other than to sell them? If so, what stones etc. should i keep and what can i use them for?
Old 09-12-2001, 04:14 AM   #2
Keylow
Manshoon

Well, there are some gems that u can use throughout the game.
SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
U can use a Diamond and a beljuril em to upgrade the horn of valhalla (I think that's what it's called). You can do this in Waukeens Promenade. There's a guy standing there on a platform-thingy in the southwest part of the promenade.
Can't remember his name, but he's not that hard to find.

U can also use a rogue stone to ain entry to one of the buildings in the bridgedistrict. It's in the southpart and it's the same building where you can fight with the Elemental Lich. If you open the other door in the building the game states that there is a black void behind the door, or something like that.
but if you have a roguestone, you can enter and have a serious fight with some nasty enemies...
Old 09-12-2001, 04:46 AM   #3
Hojou
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks a lot! Ok i'll save those stones - the rest will have to go
Old 09-12-2001, 03:50 PM   #4
oldbittercraig
Elminster

there you go- sell them. it's an income source.

Although you might want to hang on to a rogue stone if you find one.
Old 09-12-2001, 07:34 PM   #5
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Actually, I find that most of the jewellery I get is not worth the space taken up - usually less than 100gp each piece. So I only get those that look more expensive. Save the space for magical weapons which can usually be sold at higher prices.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

If you're going to play TOB, then the more expensive gems can be used to upgrade weapons.
Old 09-12-2001, 09:45 PM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

If you intend to play ToB as well, you may want to consider setting aside the following gems.

1 Emerald,
2 Rogue Stones,
1 Diamond,
6 Star Sapphires... ...
2 King Tears

------------------
If not a Sorcerer, then a Paladin.

-------------------------
Baldur's Gate Item Mart